Cascarini family- Picinisco- please can you help?!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cascarini

Cascarini family- Picinisco- please can you help?!

Post by Cascarini »

Hello,
I am researching my family's history. Our surname is Cascarini and we originate from Picinisco. I have traced my great granfather, Luigi Cascarini b. 14.4.1865 in Picinisco, but know very little about his parents and other family. I think his father was called Antonio Cascarini, b. 28.9.1819 in Vallegrande. If anyone has any further information, or has any of my family in their tree, please do drop me a line.
Grazie!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Cascarini family- Picinisco- please can you help?!

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to Google.com and put in title CASCARINI SURNAME GENEALOGY PICINISCO ITALY for any record of any existing research on the surname.

You may wish to obtain documents from Picinisco with form letters found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Send to Ufficio di Stato Civile, at the MUNICIPIO address located at
http://www.tuttitalia.it/lazio/46-picinisco There is no charge. =Peter=
~Peter~
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Thanks, Peter, for your prompt reply! I will attempt to use the forms- sounds good. I also must actually try the LDS microfilm!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

For LDS films take along companion book Discovering your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson...its a big help. =Peter=
~Peter~
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Great, will grab it online from Amazon!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There are some great photos of Picinisco on my website. I will be adding Vallegrande shortly.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Fantastic. Picinisco looks so beautiful. One day I'll actually go there and check the place out. Some of my family still live there so I have a place to stay at least!
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Hi Peter,
I grabbed the book off Amazon and it's fantastic- such a mine of information. The section on reading the actual documents will be especially valuable.
Thanks for the advice!
stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stuartcapaldi »

Hello

I have sent you a private message on my experiences with my Cascarino/i
ancestors from San Giuseppe, Picinisco
Stuart Capaldi
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

stuartcapaldi wrote:Hello

I have sent you a private message on my experiences with my Cascarino/i
ancestors from San Giuseppe, Picinisco
Thanks, Stuart! I look forward to hearing from you. Any information would be fantastic!
Grazie!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

According to the 1853 parish census of Picinisco Luigi is the son of Antonio born in Picinisco in 1836 and had two wives.
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Italy searcher am duly impressed with your find since those parish records are so iffy. =Peter=
~Peter~
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I went page by page through 500 families. There were two Luigi Cascarini's but only this one was born 14.4.1865.
The parish records in Picinisco are not 'iffy' they are amazing. The indexes are so complete the actual record is not really necessary. I guess the priest didn't have much else to do.
The census of 1853 was updated with marriages, births and deaths along with other tidbits (sometimes details of a marriage in another country).
The indexer went through the records and even identified parentage where there was doubt. They are undoubtedly the most complete set of parish records I have come across and go back to 1540.
Ann Tatangelo
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

...and here I thought the Saints only assist you when you walk down hill???=Peter=
~Peter~
Cascarini

Post by Cascarini »

Dear Italysearcher,
Thanks. You are correct. Luigi, my great grandfather, was born 14.4.1865. I am sl glad that you are positive about the Picinisco records. I am going next Friday to view my first 3 rolls of film, to begin to tract backwards from Luigi. I have no information further back than him, although Michel VACCA, on the Picinisco forum, has been very helpful here and has sketched details in a little for me.
Just out of interest, you say 'there were 2 Luigi Cascarini's'- when was the other born?
Many thanks,
Jim