surname info on-lista (napoli),amendola, strangis (calabria)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johnnyfranco

surname info on-lista (napoli),amendola, strangis (calabria)

Post by johnnyfranco »

hey if anyone can give me some info on the surnames for Lista, around the naples area, and for amendola and strangis, calabria area. if you have these last names reply too, id like to talk, maybe were related! well if anyone has any info id greatly appreciate some! thanks! ciao!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear John it does not work that way. The surname can be all over the place. Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname LISTA in the first line and the initials for the province of Naples NA and then click CERCA. You will see 140 surnames LISTA in numerous towns and villages which take you nowhere unless you know the town of origin for Lista in your familyh. When you go to the sasme website I gave you and thius time put in Amendola for the entire CALABRIA REGION (consists of several provinces) you wsill get over 200 Amendola and do the same with Stangis and you will get 178 for the entire CALABRIA REGION. Agaian you need to know the town of origin. If you do not know the town of origin then either find out from family and friends or go to www.ellisisland.org and look up their arrival in the USA as immigrants (if they enetered at NYC and not Boston or Phildelphia etc). We direct you and you do the work. Peter
unodeifalchi

Re: surname info on-lista (napoli),amendola, strangis (calab

Post by unodeifalchi »

Hi...

my name is Danilo... AMENDOLA !

i live in Naples and, if you still need help about, this research