Need information on Cavallo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Freezer

Need information on Cavallo

Post by Freezer »

I am looking for anyone who can give me or help me locate the right place to get information on my great grandmother. She never worked in the US and there is pretty much no record of her here. I have checked Ellis island and Have not found much there.

Her name was Antonette Cavallo, born Feb 23, 1887 someplace in Solerno, Italy she immigrated to the US in 1902 I believe she had a brother named Anthony or similar (cannot verify but it seems to fit due to a nephew, anthony's son) who came here in 1890 From them I can go forward but going back has hit a brick wall which I do not know where to start from there as I don't know who her parents were.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 (passenger arrival record) with NARA in Washington, D.C.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need information on Cavallo

Post by suanj »

Freezer wrote:I am looking for anyone who can give me or help me locate the right place to get information on my great grandmother. She never worked in the US and there is pretty much no record of her here. I have checked Ellis island and Have not found much there.

Her name was Antonette Cavallo, born Feb 23, 1887 someplace in Solerno, Italy she immigrated to the US in 1902 I believe she had a brother named Anthony or similar (cannot verify but it seems to fit due to a nephew, anthony's son) who came here in 1890 From them I can go forward but going back has hit a brick wall which I do not know where to start from there as I don't know who her parents were.

Hi: are many Antonio Cavallo emigrated in USA, but nobody in 1890..
In 1890 are:Giovanni Cavallo, Giuseppe Cavallo, Carmine Cavallo, 2 persons same name Pietro Cavallo, and 2 Raffaele Cavallo..Regards, suanj
Freezer

Post by Freezer »

Hi: are many Antonio Cavallo emigrated in USA, but nobody in 1890..
In 1890 are:Giovanni Cavallo, Giuseppe Cavallo, Carmine Cavallo, 2 persons same name Pietro Cavallo, and 2 Raffaele Cavallo..Regards, suanj
Where did you get this information? I have looked at Ellis Island and found a pretty good size list. I checked for Antonette Cavallo but unless somone wrote her name as something else or she didn't go through ellis island (which is hard to believe) She claimed on the 1930 US census that she immigrated here in 1902 so if thats what was told to the census taker then I'll have to take it as fact heck I can't even track down her husband Frank Pasquale who came over in 1892 Its like up to the 1930 census they didn't exist and they still didn't exist when they died..its very strange..
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Freezer: the italians emigrated in 1880/1891 you can to try here
http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie.htm
Regards, suanj
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Freezer wrote:I am looking for anyone who can give me or help me locate the right place to get information on my great grandmother. She never worked in the US and there is pretty much no record of her here. I have checked Ellis island and Have not found much there.

Hi are an Antonetta Cavallo, age 11 in 1897(...!), father Carmine Cavallo

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2614100076

coming from GALDO( are in Salerno province, but in this province are also 2 towns Galdo: Galdo Cilento and Galdo degli Alburni), final destination Brooklyn..you sure that Antonetta emigrated in 1902???
-------------
Cavallo childs(male and with first name initial A) emigrated between 1880/1891:

Cognome
CAVALLO

Nome
A.

Professione
CHILD

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
MEDITERRANEAN PORTS

Nave
BOLIVIA

Data d'arrivo
6/28/1888
--------
Cognome
CAVALLO

Nome
ANTONIO

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
PHILADELPHIA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
PALERMO

Nave
GOTTARDO

Data d'arrivo
6/17/1887
--------
Cognome
CAVALLO

Nome
ANTONIO

Professione
CHILD

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
NAPLES

Nave
BRITTANIA

Data d'arrivo
4/9/1884

----------
I task Antonetta 's brother not called Antonio or not emigrated in 1890..

regards, suanj
Freezer

Post by Freezer »

[quote="suanjHi are an Antonetta Cavallo, age 11 in 1897(...!), father Carmine Cavallo

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2614100076

coming from GALDO( are in Salerno province, but in this province are also 2 towns Galdo: Galdo Cilento and Galdo degli Alburni), final destination Brooklyn..you sure that Antonetta emigrated in 1902???
-------------
Cavallo childs(male and with first name initial A) emigrated between 1880/1891:

[/quote]
I am going by what was written on the 1930 US census for Norwalk Connecticut where she shows with her husband and their children. I am going to have to look for some more information I cannot find her death record I am going to write to the State of Connecticut to see if I can obtain it from them..

Thank you for your information..
grossr

Post by grossr »

If you find out you are from Galdo Degli Auburni :

We are working to bring back the Castellucese Society. In NYC at Old St. Patricks church is the St. Vincent Ferrer Society. This society has been in existence, at least, since 1919. If you are interested in attending a get together of "The children of Castelluccio and Galdo", please get in touch with me. We are planning for a September Mass at the church with a informal gathering of the "children" afterwards.

You can contact me at Rgrosso60@gmail.com.

thanks

rich