Sucess with part of my family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Sucess with part of my family

Post by lilbees »

Italian Genealogy has been such a help in my search for my Rescigno family information without which I could never have found my way in doing this research or attempting to understand the Italian system. Also the suggestion for letter writing, the reference books which are so necessary and the suggested websites to try helped to make it all happen.

One of my greatest pursuits was to make a connection with the East Coast Rescigno families. Well, it finally happened but not in the way I thought it would. As it turned out there was no new connection to those already here but children of my great uncles in Italy immigrating to the U.S. What is really funny is that they arrived in the same month and year (1902) that my grandfather arrived from Tunisia. Of course, they didn't know about each other. They all lived and died here in the US.

So, I am still pusuing the other East coast connections. The records I need are in the mid to late 1700s so far unavailable from any source I have tried to find. But, never one to give up I will continue my pursuit anyway.
thank you to everyone, expecially Suanj, Riccardo and Peter.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Sucess with part of my family

Post by liviomoreno »

lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

A special thank you to you Livio as well as to Luca for all the help you have been in putting up with my translation requests .

Barb
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Lilbee I cam across a book referenced under LA SCALA WEST about the Dallas Opera House under the direction of Kelly and Rescigno 1850(?) interested? =Peter=
~Peter~
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Of course I am interested. My luck though it will be referenced to a family we are not attached to but very interesting.

Funny, the Irish and Italians had some affinity to each other.

lilbees
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Google RESCIGNO KELLY LA SCALA WEST....=Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Lilbee there is an old but venerable website great for hunting. Go to
www.surnamenavigator.org You can go by name and/or country. It lisxts both Italy, USA and Tunisia Rescigno whichI am sure you already have. =Peter=
~Peter~
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Hey Peter, I do use that one from time to time for different names. It is useful once in a while.

I am now back to the old microfilm searching the Catalano side of the family. It seems there are a million and one. And, of course, with common names.

Trying to find the connection to Naples prior to Sicily. By the way, how long did it take to sail from Naples to Palermo in the 1850s?

lilbees.
jrescigno

Post by jrescigno »

[quote="lilbees"]Italian Genealogy has been such a help in my search for my Rescigno family information without which I could never have found my way in doing this research or attempting to understand the Italian system. Also the suggestion for letter writing, the reference books which are so necessary and the suggested websites to try helped to make it all happen.

One of my greatest pursuits was to make a connection with the East Coast Rescigno families. Well, it finally happened but not in the way I thought it would. As it turned out there was no new connection to those already here but children of my great uncles in Italy immigrating to the U.S. What is really funny is that they arrived in the same month and year (1902) that my grandfather arrived from Tunisia. Of course, they didn't know about each other. They all lived and died here in the US.

So, I am still pusuing the other East coast connections. The records I need are in the mid to late 1700s so far unavailable from any source I have tried to find. But, never one to give up I will continue my pursuit anyway.
thank you to everyone, expecially Suanj, Riccardo and Peter.

Hi - I am an "East Coast" Rescigno. My Grandfather, Marco Rescigno, came to Mt. Vernon, New York in 1898 and my Grandmother, Pasqualina Covino Rescigno, joined him with 2 children a few years later. They eventually had 15 children...My father, Alfonso, Rescigno, was one of their children. The "Rescigno" family came from Morra de Sanctis. If you have any information relating to the "Rescigno's" of that region, would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Joyce Rescigno, Stillwater, NY