family name Martino/Naccarato/Vigliatore/Talarico

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rloewenstein1

family name Martino/Naccarato/Vigliatore/Talarico

Post by rloewenstein1 »

My great grandparents James Martino and Rosa Naccarato were born and raised in Paterno Calabro Calabria. They were married there and came to the US on two different ships @ different times. My great grandmother came on the Berlin with her mother Chiara Vigliatore and her daughter Marietta Martino. I am looking for family and birth and marriage records. I also have Talarico roots. My grandmother Florence Martino married William Talarico son of Paul Talarico and Maria Casciero . The roots are Paterno Calabro calabria and all came to The southeast Kansas area. Thanks for any help in giving direction as to where to begin in Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: family name Martino/Naccarato/Vigliatore/Talarico

Post by wldspirit »

You have the name of the comune in which they came from, along with the name of a parent, I'm assuming you have the birth dates as well. Sending a request for birth is relatively simple using the following interactive form letter:

Letter to Stato Civile

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: family name Martino/Naccarato/Vigliatore/Talarico

Post by wldspirit »

You may be interested in the following microfilm available for rental at your local Lds family history center:

Microfilm

The dates covered are quite extensive....there are additional sites to aid in the use of the microfilm, unfortunately my internet connection is running very slow at the moment....if another of our helpful members doesn't provide the additional links, I'll check back later and do so.

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."