Guerino Dascenzo, Micheline D'AMico

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
azreala

Re: Guerino Dascenzo, Micheline D'AMico

Post by azreala »

WOW.

Thanks Everyone!!
Surnames: D'Ascenzo, D'Amico, Petrarca
azreala

Post by azreala »

It took me a moment to take in everything that Pink and VJ were able to find.

I can't express how grateful I am! THANK YOU.

I am very concerned on how I am going to prove Orino is Guerino. Any thoughts? Do Marriage Certificates list the groo parents, if so that may be a link?

VJ-

I'm curious about the Cincinnati INS, since he only lived in Columbus I wonder why Cincinnati would be working on his case.

Thanks Again!
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I have a distant relative from Nicosia, Sicily named Provvidenza D'Amico. She married Luigi Basilotta. Do you have any family from there?

Alicia
azreala

Post by azreala »

Hi DeFilippis, I had come across a post of yours yesterday and saw the D'Amico surname and wondered the same thing. I know nothing about my GGM, Michelina/e D'Amico, side of the family. I *think* her parents were Lugi and Filomena, but that is a stretch. Seeing as VJ found her ship manifest and is said she was staying with her uncle Lugi I'm not my info on her parents is accurate.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

azreala wrote:VJ-

I'm curious about the Cincinnati INS, since he only lived in Columbus I wonder why Cincinnati would be working on his case.
It was probably his choice
Cincinnati is closer to Columbus than Cleveland
Here's a link to the offices 1933-1943
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/mani ... 33-43.html
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

azreala wrote:Hi DeFilippis, I had come across a post of yours yesterday and saw the D'Amico surname and wondered the same thing. I know nothing about my GGM, Michelina/e D'Amico, side of the family. I *think* her parents were Lugi and Filomena, but that is a stretch. Seeing as VJ found her ship manifest and is said she was staying with her uncle Lugi I'm not my info on her parents is accurate.
Actually I dont think there would be a relation now that I look more. That side of my family settled in the Bronx in NYC.

Alicia
azreala

Post by azreala »

I'm pretty sure all of my D'Amico relatives were in Ohio.

Vj-

Thanks again for the links to the explanation of what the markings mean, I've spent all day reading and re-reading. So, the 6758/38 was his application number and INS checked the documents on 5/20/1942. If I contact the Cincinnati INS office and reference #6758/38 they should be able to pull up his records? I've been hunting for any type of naturalization documents, or lack there of, for Guerino so the helps tremendously!
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

I've always understood that the "6758/38" can't be used to find a record...
The application number is useless in finding naturalization records. Only the District key number is of limited help, in that one can usually use the number to determine a general location where the immigrant was living when he/she filed their application.
You'll probably have a better shot at using the date & both versions of his name
Since this was after 1906 the US Govt also has copies of his records

from NARA
http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/naturalization/
azreala

Post by azreala »

Thanks VJ.

I forwarded the info to the man I've been working with at NARA.