Mangini Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
martinbasail

Mangini Family

Post by martinbasail »

I'm posting to see if someone knows anything about the mangini's family.
A few months ago I tried to star a reserach about my ancestor's, but i got stuck with no data.
Additionally, my grandma, who is supposed to be mangini knows less and doesn't care about it.

The ancestor i'm looking is Giuseppe Mangini, he was born in Bergamo in 1862. After all this months I think he's from San Giovanni Bianco or San Pietro D'orzio. His parents were Sebastiano Mangini and Margherita Milesi.
Do you know about the mangini's from Bergamo?

Thank you very much for your time.

Martin.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Mangini Family

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Did Giuseppe emigrate to the US? If so, do you know approximately what year?

Have you considered the possibility that your correct surname is Mancini, not Mangini? It is interesting that ancestry . com has far more immigration records for Giuseppe Mancini than for Giuseppe Mangini and no Giuseppe Mangini's who were born in 1862.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 15 MANGINI currentlylisted inthe SANGIOVANNI BIANCO telephone listing so my money is on MANGINI. www.paginebianche.it and put in MANGINI in the first line and San Giovanni Bianco underneath inthe next and cclick CERCA for full names, addresses and telephone numbers.

There are form letters for potential relatives if you wish. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Yes, but no Giuseppe Mangini's born in 1862 +/- 1 year on ancestry . com.
Also, of the two names, Mancini is far more common by at least tenfold.

I would like to see more info from the original poster, if possible.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

martinbasail wrote:I'm posting to see if someone knows anything about the mangini's family.
A few months ago I tried to star a reserach about my ancestor's, but i got stuck with no data.
Additionally, my grandma, who is supposed to be mangini knows less and doesn't care about it.

The ancestor i'm looking is Giuseppe Mangini, he was born in Bergamo in 1862. After all this months I think he's from San Giovanni Bianco or San Pietro D'orzio. His parents were Sebastiano Mangini and Margherita Milesi.
Do you know about the mangini's from Bergamo?

Thank you very much for your time.

Martin.
Martin, where your Giuseppe lived in USA? and the probable year of immigration?
The Mangini and Milesi also are in Como area....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

martinbasail wrote:... After all this months I think he's from San Giovanni Bianco or San Pietro D'orzio. ...
I could not find any Place named San Pietro D'Orzio. The closest name is Pietraporzio.
martinbasail

Post by martinbasail »

Than you all for your replys...
He didn't emigrate to the USA, he did to Argentina.
I tought it could be S. Pietro D'orzio because some Milesi and Mangini inmigrants from that place founded one village in Argentina.
But after suanj post I started thinking and it makes sense that he could be from Como too, since the family of his wife (Borghi) was from Cermenate, Como.
I will see if i can find anything from that place.
Thank you all
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I did a further search and found out that S. Pietro D'orzio is a "frazione", hamlet, of San Giovanni Bianco see http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/lombar ... orzio.html
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

martinbasail wrote:Than you all for your replys...
I tought it could be S. Pietro D'orzio because some Milesi and Mangini inmigrants from that place founded one village in Argentina.
But after suanj post I started thinking and it makes sense that he could be from Como too, since the family of his wife (Borghi) was from Cermenate, Como.
Thank you all
Hi, I post this record, but obviously sure it can be uncorrect in some point, especially abt the birthplace, but maybe you can confirm if it could be referred your ancestor:
JOSE MANGINI Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 1870 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

Christening:
Death: 1950 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: REGINA MARIA BORGHI Family
Marriage: 28 NOV 1891 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

They could be your ancestors?
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
martinbasail

Post by martinbasail »

suanj wrote:
martinbasail wrote:Than you all for your replys...
Thank you all
Hi, I post this record, but obviously sure it can be uncorrect in some point, especially abt the birthplace, but maybe you can confirm if it could be referred your ancestor:
JOSE MANGINI Pedigree
Male Family

I saw that record. It's not correct the birth and death. But the marriage it's OK. In fact, I called the parrish and they have that record. They are sending it to me. But about Jose Mangini, it only says "Italiano", without pointing out the origin town.
In the death certificate (he died in 1915) says that he was from Bergamo.
Thank you all again.

Event(s):
Birth: 1870 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

Christening:
Death: 1950 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: REGINA MARIA BORGHI Family
Marriage: 28 NOV 1891 San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina

They could be your ancestors?
suanj
martinbasail

Post by martinbasail »

I saw that record. It's not correct the birth and death. But the marriage it's OK. In fact, I called the parrish and they have that record. They are sending it to me. But about Jose Mangini, it only says "Italiano", without pointing out the origin town.
In the death certificate (he died in 1915) says that he was from Bergamo.
Thank you all again.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I cannot find your Giuseppe Mangini in 1895 Argentina census.. I only found Domingo Borghi (Regina's father) with family in San Lorenzo, Santa Fe, Argentina ....
abt Giuseppe's death certificate... Bergamo... I know not if is correct... It is hard, because in ship's manifest in South America, no birthtown is listed only the Country...
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
martinbasail

Post by martinbasail »

Thanks suanj.
In the Argenina Cesus is listed as: Manllini....
And in the item "Province" says Genova...
I'm sure is wrong... Genova is the departing port... not his city.
Regards
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

You can either check with cemla@cemla.com (if still active) or go to www.cemla.com and request copy of arriving file into BA.
'
You can also ask a genealogy company to do a quick check for you as well. I do not think they will charge much. www.familias-argentinas.com.ar =Peter=
~Peter~