searching for last name Busso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
monicahatzis

searching for last name Busso

Post by monicahatzis »

Great great great grandfather Victoriano Buso or Busso married alvina flores moved to immigrated to mexico had daughter Alverta Busso. alverta had Luciano in 1879. where do i begin to look? I now have a family in greece have i come full circle?
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: searching for last name Busso

Post by aliza24 »

Hello and welcome.

The records in Italy are available on microfilm from the LDS library and can be viewed at any LDS family history center- they have them all over the word. Their website is: www.familysearch.org

BUT...and here's the important part, you really need to know the exact town that they came from. The records aren't centralized. If you don't know the town, then you'll have to do some research to see if you can find it.

Sometimes ship records list a town so look up the manifests for any known family member. Sometimes military records also include the town they came from....ask older relatives....look for old letters, whatever you can think of. Knowing the town is crucial.

Hope this helps.

AG