Scandolera, bonetti, from San giovanni bianco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
peterbroughan

Scandolera, bonetti, from San giovanni bianco

Post by peterbroughan »

I am trying to find information on my ancestors who came from San giovanni bianco in the 1800s.

Pietro scandolera married Elizaceth Bonetti in San Giovanni bianco, Italy.
Of all the children, only one came to Australia,,
That was Chris Scandolera
I would very much like to contact decendants of Pietros family, and also elizabeth bonetti.family and also hear from decendants of their grandparents etc.
Being a small city. there must be a great amount of information going back at least 300 years,

More information about pietro can be found by searching Scandolera ,
Scandolera name is rare in Australia and so easy to search name in Australia...Chris settled in Charlton district of Victoria, Australia
kindest regards
Peter
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Scandolera, bonetti, from San giovanni bianco

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Scandolera is a name found mostly in the North of Italy. It is not a veryl common name. Here are the names of those still in San Giovanni.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ianco&ind=
feliciagerritsen

Post by feliciagerritsen »

Hi Peter,
I'm also descended from Cristoforo too. Through his daughter Lucy (born 1874). She married Francis Killeen. I don't have anything more on the ancestors though. Probably the same as you have. I do have some old pictures from when a rellie went to Italy in the 1980's or 1990's.
Felicia
medusa12

Post by medusa12 »

i m carlos maria scandolera, from Argentina, if anyone knows how and whn our ancestors come here, please answer,.
carlos
Halliday

Post by Halliday »

Hi
I believe I am related to Christoforo Giovanni Scandolera. His eldest daughter was Bettina Scandolera born in Talbot Victoria in 1871. Her mother was Mary Ann O'Neill and she married John Powell and lived in Teddywaddy, Victoria. Bettina died in 1948. My grandmother Veronica Reeves (formerly Powell) was one of 9 children. Therefore Christoforo was my great, great grandfather, I would be interested in seeing any photos or information.
uncleslady04

Post by uncleslady04 »

Hi Peter, I am your first cousin twice removed{I think that is right} I am John Francis's grand daughter - brother to your Lucy Scandolera and son to Giovanni Scandolera. I have found that there is a famous winery in San Giovanni Bianca that is called the Scandolera winery and I am wondering if they might be part of our family too.- seeing that grand dad tried so hard to grow a vineyard when he first settled in Almhurst, Victoria and later in Teddywaddy. It would be wonderful if there was someone who knew about this family and how they were related to us. I also have been told that our Scandolera family originates from Switzerland or Austria and that the family came from there to grow wine grapes- Could be some truth in this because great grand dad was also known as Johannes.
peterbroughan

Post by peterbroughan »

Hi Everyone.
I have not looked on this board for several years,,I have a facebook page under scandolera.Or If you go to my Facebook page Peter Broughan ,please friend me as there are decendants on this page

regards

peter. We now live in Drouin and there are relatives around here
Halliday

Post by Halliday »

Hi Scandolera family decendants. I recently travelled to Carisbrook, country Victoria and visited the Church, St Francis Catholic Church, where Christoforo Giovanni Scandolera and Mary Ann O'Neill were married in 1870. Obviously it is quite different now but the original altar and organ were still there.
It is beautifully restored but is a private residence and the gentleman who resides there invited me in and showed me around. Not so long ago it was St Francis bed & Breakfast with several areas offered as accommodation but now is occupied by one owner.
I found it quite moving to stand in the Church and picture the young couple marrying there. Also it has been preserved as a Church and the gardens surrounding it were beautiful.
On the same trip I visited Talbot where Bettina and Lucy were born. I discovered vac :D cination records at the historical museum.
My great grandmother is Bettina Scandolera.
Hope someone will find this as interesting as I did.
Cheers
Cheryl Halliday. Adelaide SA
Engadina

Post by Engadina »

Hi, I registered to answer you. My ancestor in Chur/canton Graubünden, Switzerland, married Maria Scandolera whose ancestors came 1426 from Cremona, in the Middle Age of high nobility, I have the documents in latin. I know the one who emigrated to this part of Switzerland, after political fights. Many were later high ranked military persons and politicians in Chur. A historical mystery on a gravestone lets me write an article. You can join me by mail: acaratsch@gmail.com