Searching family history

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
admgram

Searching family history

Post by admgram »

Hi all, new to the site and looking for any help on my Husbands side of the family . His grandmother Frances Modugno came from Italy. Was born 1886 ,i believe in Fossato Serralto. Her moms name was Maria Ellisabetta. Frances married Salvatore Ricelli ( has been spelt Reecelli, Reccelli also) born in Fossato Serralto 1882 or 1883. I have ship info they came to USA , Pa. in 1907 and 1908. But it also says Esposito Modugno, for Frances so not sure that part of the name. I have info on the USA side just looking for the Italian side if anyone can help with marriage, parents of both . Thanks in advance
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Searching family history

Post by maestra36 »

statocivile.fossato@asmepec.it --- pcfossato@tiscali.it

the above email address is for the town's anagrafe or registry office and is found on the official website for the town below. The person to email for information is Valerio Caligiuri.
http://www.comunedifossato.it/public/Home.asp

To help with emails or letters in Italian-

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

please adjust the email address to eliminate the extra spaces and, by the way, hello and welcome to this forum
aliza24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aliza24 »

Hi and welcome,

The microfilms are available for that town from 1809-1871. By the looks of things from the birthdates you gave above, you'd have to go one more generation back to get access to them.

There a couple of ways to do that:
1. SS app- send for that if available and it should have parents names
2. Marriage record, if they married here
3. death records, should have parents' names
4. write to Italy, as mentioned above

AG
Louisen

Post by Louisen »

Nicholas Cicconetti