Searching Alberobello, Bari ancestors.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
catherinelaneve

Searching Alberobello, Bari ancestors.

Post by catherinelaneve »

Hi, I am searching for my paternal grandparents ancestry:

Grandfather Vito Nicolo Laneve (b1887)
his father Pietro Laneve (B1856 his parents Vito Nicola b 1822 & Elisabetta Greco b 1826) and his mother Lorita Dragone ( (B 1859 her parents were Vito Antonio Dragone b 1817 & Angela Dragone b 1823 cousins????)

and
Grandmother Caterina Cavallo (b 1894)
her father Giovanni Cavallo (b 1853 his parents Tomasso Cavallo b 1836 & Giovanna Palmisani b 1838) and
her mother Maria Nicola Foschi (b 1857 her parents Vito Antonio Foschi b 1830 and another Angela Dragone different age b 1835)

All were from Alberobello, Bari, Puglia Italy.
Vito & Caterina left Italy @ 1906. My grandfather was a Miner in PA, and lived in Utica &c Syracuse NY

thanks
Catherine
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Re: Searching Alberobello, Bari ancestors.

Post by JohnArmellino »

The Registri dello stato civile, Alberobello (Bari), 1809-1900, has been filmed by the LDS. Go to www.familysearch.org > Library > LibraryCatalog > PlaceSearch and then type in Alberbello to view the film details. You can rent and view the films at the Family History Centers operated by the LDS. You can find the location of your nearest FHC at the above website. The records are relatively complete and you should be able to extend your family lines to the early 1700s. Pay particular attention to the processetti records, which contain abstracts from earlier church records.
John Armellino