Ferrara Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
winegen

Ferrara Family

Post by winegen »

I'm looking for information on the Ferrara family from Mercogliano, Province of Avellino, Region Campania, Italy. My wife's grand father, Anillo Ferrara left there about 11 Apr 1900 for america from Naples. His father's name was Matteo and mother was Filomena Napolitano and as far as we know remained in Italy. My wife has a cousin that said she found his headstone in the church cemetery there. Would like to find the church, get photo of headstone and make contact with any living Ferrara's related.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Ferrara Family

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome!

There are currently 5 Ferrara listings in the Italian white pages for Mercogliano...
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ercogliano

You may wish to write to one or all of them with your inquiry...
Letter in Italian to a possible relative can be found at this link...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

T.
winegen

Post by winegen »

Thank you, i'll try them. but do you have a record of any cemeteries in this town or church I can contact to check records? Thank you.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

This thread http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... c/t=10892/ offers some useful information in regards to Italian cemeteries.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
winegen

Post by winegen »

That link was a bit confussing since I don't speak Italian. Is there anyone who lives in Mercogliano who could be my eye and legs? I was in Italy last year but the weather was bad when I was going to go there. I read about the cemetery renewals but like I said earlier, A cousin has seen the headstone.
winegen

Post by winegen »

Is there anyone in this group that lives near Mercogliano?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

winegen wrote:Is there anyone in this group that lives near Mercogliano?
You might try asking at the ExpatsInItaly forum, http://expatsinitaly.com/phpbbforum/viewforum.php?f=2
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
ferralysa

Post by ferralysa »

Hi, I am Elysa Ferrara- son of Samuel, son of Anillo. The Ferrara family remains active in the Seneca Falls, NY area. I used to visit my dad's mother's grave in the Seneca Falls cemetary with him all the time. I'd be interested in knowing how your search is going. I do not know any of the Italian relatives at all. Thanks, Elysa
winegen

Post by winegen »

Unfortunitly, I have not connected with anyone as yet that knows anything about the family. There are a lot of Ferrara's but i haven't found the right one yet. I need to find some type of link, paper or person to make a connection. Do you have any kind of papers for Anillo that might help. I have ships passenger list that listed the town but I would like to find a baptism or something that might show a parrish or other area. Or if he had a brother or sister, or his mothers name.
I don't have you listed in my files as a son of Samuel. Was your Mother a DiSanto? I have five children listed for her. You can be of great help if you can fill in some of your family. I'm in Florida and my wife's Mother was Josephine Ferrara d/o Anillo and his first wife Maria Spagnola.
You can contact me at winegen@aol.com if that's easier. Thank you for the reply.
John
ferralysa

Post by ferralysa »

Absolutely, my mother was Teresa LaSelva whose family came from the Compabasso area of Italy (Castellini di Bifano). Her parents were Teresa and Pasquale LaSelva. She married Anthony DiSanto who died at Anzio. She had one daughter, Alayna, with Anthony. Anthony never met his daughter. My dad was her second marriage. There were many brothers and sisters from two different wives. I have other relatives who may have more information, I'll also ask one of my sisters. The five children are Alayna Antoinette (Tony's daughter); Celeste Madelene (middle name my maternal grandmother); Denise Tesolina, myself, Elysa Pasquala and my brother Samuel Eugene. I am 56. All of that generation of adults has now passed away. My father was the last at 90. I knew some of his siblings, my aunts and uncle. We still have relatives in Seneca Falls, California and elsewhere. I believe my father was the last child from Maria Spagnola, is your wife alive? Next time, I will take a picture of the grave---I've been meaning to do this. My e-mail is ferralysa@gmail.com. It is so nice to meet you. This prompts me to talk to my sister's and learn more, thank you so much. Have you been to Italy. I'd love to see the ship's passenger list. Do you have Angie, Rose, Sue and other siblings of my dad? Talk soon. Elysa --- I am so happy I did this!
winegen

Post by winegen »

Did you get the Email I sent you
John
ferralysa

Post by ferralysa »

John I have been ill for quite some time, and apologize for the delay. How about an update. My sister and I are planning an Italy trip and she is in correspondence with relatives on my mother's side. Hope all is well with you John. Elysa
xcjod15

Post by xcjod15 »

Hello, I realize it has been quite a while since the last post, but I was hoping that you could shed some light on how we're all related. My name is Jodie. I am the granddaughter of Jane Ferrara, daughter of Anillo. I have absolutely no idea how we're all connected or the family history....I, like my mother before me, learned very little about our family's past. I am not sure if my grandmother was the daughter of Maria Spagnola or if my grandmother was the daughter of Anillo's other wife. I am also trying to piece together how all of her sister's and brother's fit. Was she the first born, etc??? Any information you guys might have would be much appreciated.

I currently live in Italy, about an hour north of Napoli and perhaps a bit farther from Avellino. I have been here for about 4 years and I can manage a relatively good conversation in Italian. I won't be here forever and probably should have started this process 4 years ago, but I'm very interested in attempting to find distant relatives we may have here. The problem is, I'm not sure where to start since I don't know for certain my grandma's history or dates of importance (If Anillo and Maria Spagnola had relatives that stayed in Italy, dates of birth, dates of travel etc.) If you guys could shed some light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated :)
winegen

Post by winegen »

I can help you with this problem since I've done most of the genealogy on the family. I'm sending this on my phone and I'm traveling. Send me your Email address and I'll send you a link to my site on ancestry. My Email is winegen@AOL.com and I'll be at a computer tonight. Thank you, john
xcjod15

Post by xcjod15 »

Hi John,
I sent you and email....look forward to hearing from you :)
Thanks,
Jodie