Valguarnera Civil Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Valguarnera Civil Records

Post by PeterTimber »

VALGUARNERA VAGALI, Provincia palermo listed in Mormon church record archives for 1820 to 1902. It is not a frazione (Valguarnera Caropepe) nor listed as a Comune in www. nonsolocap.it.. Google has it as library record with others listed as well. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

JustMe, all that scribbling next to their names on the manifest indicates that they filed a Declaration of Intent to become US citizens and, most likely completed the process. You may want to research that avenue as well.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

PeterTimber wrote:VALGUARNERA VAGALI, Provincia palermo listed in Mormon church record archives for 1820 to 1902. It is not a frazione (Valguarnera Caropepe) nor listed as a Comune in www. nonsolocap.it.. Google has it as library record with others listed as well. =Peter=
Peter, can you tie one or the other Valguarnera to the province of Caltanisetta? As noted above, that is the province given on their manifest.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Looking at this Google map, I vote for Valguarnera Caropepe in Enna. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Valguarne ... =en&tab=wl
Carmine

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

At this point I cannot since it requires researching since boundries may have changed or post 1900 adminstfratuve or name changes may have taken place??? who knows at this point. I only stumbled across a possiblity and have info that supports contention that there are records for Valguarnera vagali in the province of Palermo on microfilm at the Mormon church family History center and on google.com in a private library down South???? =Peter=
~Peter~