Valenti, Stracuzzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Valenti, Stracuzzi

Post by PippoM »

Take a look at LDS Church site FamilySearch (the biggest free source for genealogists), at this address, where you can find images of original documents to browse (they are not indexed)

https://www.familysearch.org/search/ima ... 2F14215301

At LDS genealogical centers you can also rent and see more images on microfilm. Just choose menu "Catalog" from Hom of their site
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
stracuzzi

Post by stracuzzi »

Thank you.

Very Helpful.

Mark
DannySa

Post by DannySa »

My grandfather's surname was Stracuzzi too and sicilian; i still do have a grandmother there just about 35 km south from Messina, anyway i live in Emilia now.
Sorry for my english but i'm italian ehe, i found interesting that you have this surname that is not really usual but live in USA.
stracuzzi

Post by stracuzzi »

Buon Giorno Danny,

Do not apologize for your English. It is much better than my Italian.

I have been trying to locate family in Sicily. Having a difficult time. Stracuzzi was my grandmothers maiden name. I am pretty sure she lived in Santa Lucia.

My grandfather was Paolo Valenti. I thought he was born in Palermo. I am thinking it could have been Messina possibly.

Do you know what city your grandfather was born/lived in ? Is your grandmother 's last name Stracuzzi ? If you do not mind me asking.

Mark...... or as my grandma used to call me Marco
DannySa

Post by DannySa »

Ciao
I still enjoy summer in Sicily, well my grandfather was from Pagliara, a very little town in the middle of nothing, i think the population is about 900 souls.
It could be possible that some Stracuzzi emigrated from Messina to somewhere in provincia (idk the term in english), so being not really common we could possibly be related in some way. My grandmother is still alive at 87 and is a Di Bella, another strong surname there. Regarding my grandfather's birthplace i can't say, never asked, i'd say Pagliara but i could be wrong.
My other half is emilian.
jperch

Post by jperch »

I just joined this website today and the first note I read was yours. It was quite uncanny, really, because my grandparents lived in Barnesboro, Pa. Their last name was Vivadelli (original spelling was Vivaldelli). I have found relatives of my grandfather, Silvio, and have actually been to Italy and visited them--what an amazing experience! But I am really having a hard time finding out anything about my grandmother Vivadelli's side of the family. One of my aunts has a Bible with a piece of paper on it with the word "Pace del Mela" so I found out it is a city in the Province of Messina. I know that my great grandfather's name was Candeloro Duca and that he was widowed. My grandmother had 4 brothers whom I met as a child, and I remember her saying that her mother had died when she was young. I did find all of their names on the 1920 census (minus the mother, so she was dead by then). That's all I know and it's not a lot! I went to a geneology class yesterday, so I'm inspired again to start searching!
Good luck with your search. I just had to write to you because of our Barnesboro connection.
Jeannette
stracuzzi

Post by stracuzzi »

Jeannette
Over the years I meet someone online who was from Barnesboro. Such a small town in the middle of nowhere. I will have to ask my mom if she knew of a Vivadelli.

Mark