PINI, PASSERI. GROSIO (LOMBARDIA)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
hjp2205

PINI, PASSERI. GROSIO (LOMBARDIA)

Post by hjp2205 »

Hi All,

Have really enjoyed exploring this site - so interesting.

Being relatively new to geneology, I don't really have a specific question as such, but am interested to hear from anyone who may know of any information relating to the names or towns below.

Both my parents were born in the Valtellina region in Lombardy. I have records of my father's family (PINI) from the local church in Grosio, however I have not been able to locate information on my mother's family (PASSERI).

My maternal grandfather was named PASSERI Giacomo (?). Born in Germany. he lived most of his life in Italy, and died in Grosio. My maternal grandmother was named Olivia. She died in Grosio in 1971(?)

I have searched the Ellis Island records of passengers in the name of PASSERI, as it was thought that some of his siblings may have settled in America, however none of the names listed were directly related.
Any suggestions as to other sources of info on this name?

For info relating to immigration to Australia, the National Archives of Australia is a fantastic site. (www.naa.gov.au) and go to "collection" , then "record search".
Thanks again for providing such an interesting site!

hjp
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: PINI, PASSERI. GROSIO (LOMBARDIA)

Post by PeterTimber »

There are more than 100 Passeri and variations a tww.familysearch.org under ancestor search.org. =Peter=
~Peter~
hjp2205

Post by hjp2205 »

Thanks heaps, Peter. Had searched this site as well without much luck, but will try again!
inipbrown

Post by inipbrown »

Hi I might be able to help you, my parents were born in grosio, what is curious is that my fathers name is pini and my mothers name is passeri. Her father and mother both died in grosio, Her mothers name was Olympia and fathers name I think was Giacomo. My mother Amalia was one of a number of siblings including Pierino, Emilio, Rocco, Vittoria, Celestina, and Maria. What was your mothers name and did she have siblings.

Regards

Mary