Talamini and Gregori Families from Vodo di Cadore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ArtemesiaNY

Re: Talamini and Gregori Families from Vodo di Cadore

Post by ArtemesiaNY »

Hello! My Great-Grandfather was Gian Battista Talamini from Vodo de Cadore. He married Marianna (don't know her maiden name), and they moved first to New Jersey and then to upstate NY in Havestraw. My Grandmother was Olga Talamini and she married Paul Fariello. I was just wondering if we are related. Any info would be great, as I have been researching this a long time and have only been able to get as far as New Jersey, and had no info on Italy. Thanks!
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Yes, I can help. I have church records from Vodo di Cadore. I will private message you.
Talamini

Post by Talamini »

Happy to help! I want to make sure I have the correct people. Please go on www.findagrave.com and search John B. Talamini DOB 1881 or http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... =145565468 .
Olga is buried with her parents.

If this is the correct family then you are related to me on John's father's side, Talamini Tonon and John's mother's side, Talamini Nacco. Our family trees go back to the 1700's. If not, I have 130 records that I can search.
isatalamini

Post by isatalamini »

Hello,

I'm trying to trace back where my great-great grandfather Antonio Talamini is from. All i know is that he was born in 1856 in the Veneto area.

He arrived with his brothers in Brazil in 1877.

His eldest bother Noé Talamini was 33 years old. He married Lucia Bonato in Italy and had 3 kids, Paulino, Antonio and Paulina who all came with him.

The other brother Bartolomeu Talamini was 32 and my great-great grandfather Antonio was 21.

Thanks in advance,

Isabela
Elenbaas22

Post by Elenbaas22 »

Does anyone know an Osvaldo Talamini, Carroll Talamini or Marion Talamini? They were from Vodo do Cadore in the mid to late 1800s. They emigrated to the US via Ellis Island. They settled in CliffSide Park, NJ. My grandmother, Ida Talamini, was related to them (daughter of one or 2 of them?) She was married to a Bartholomew Talamini (not related to her but same last name.) Ida had 2 sons, Bartholomew & Robert.
I’m traveling to Italy & I’d like to visit the city where they were from.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Stacy Talamini Elenbaas
Elenbaas22@gmail.com
Vodo-di-Cadore

Post by Vodo-di-Cadore »

Hello! I too have Talamini and Gregori(o) on my tree! However, I am missing a lot of information. So happy to have found this thread and potential to find clues. Here are the names as written in my tree:

Miria Gregorio
Beltola Talamini
Gregorio Gregorio
Maria Talamini

I also have D'olivo in my family also from Vodo di Cadore

(photo of tree attached)

Peace and Love to all! :)

Stephanie Allgood
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You got the birth record
INDEX#41
1881 Nov 10th in the town of Vodo Cadore Tomaso Bortolo D'Olivio presented by Maria Antonia Perez age 66 son of
Bortolo D'Olivio son on deceased Tomaso D'Olivio and his wife Maria Gregori

PG LINK
https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Vodo-di-Cadore

Post by Vodo-di-Cadore »

Thank you Marty! I can’t follow the link because I’m not currently paying for Ancestry but I appreciate you pasting that birth record, it’s the first time I have ever read it!

Steph
PCD

Post by PCD »

Hi. I just came across this blog searching for something else.

Maria Talamini was my Great Grandmother, Married to John B DeLotto in
San Vito de Cadore, 1873.