birth records inconsistent brazil? or Italy?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

birth records inconsistent brazil? or Italy?

Post by debbie365 »

hi my mom has 7 siblings. 2 of the birth certificates say my grand father was born in campobasso italy the rest say Brazil. my gggrand parents marriage says they were born in ururi campobasso italy. my grand fathers passport ( i have the original) 1916 says he was born in ururi campobasso italy 1903. i did send for the birth record. my question if his mother was visiting in brazil and he was born ther how can i research brazil, or where would i start looking? totally confused
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: birth records inconsistent brazil? or Italy?

Post by Italysearcher »

To get an Italian passport I would think he would need a birth certificate. So if it says he was born in Ururi, he probably was.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbie365 »

even in the 1919? that is when he came here. thanks for your help and response:)
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by iolanda2 »

I have had zero luck in trying to get an Italian passport for my relatives during this period. I found my grandparents birth records in the civil records in the place of birth in Italy,
The marriage records were found in the parrish church in Brazil then they registered their marriage 3 years later in Italy when they returned.
iolanda2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by iolanda2 »

My grandparents , both born in Italy, met and married in Brazil while working a 5 year contract on a coffee plantation. I found their marriage certificate at the church where they married in Brazil. It has difficult because the church was non responsive. The first child was born in Brazil, then they returned to italy and the rest of the children were born. My grandparents travelled without passports to Brazil then to the US ( no passports ). although I know the application for passports were issued by the comune in which they lived. My grandparents had a second civil marriage ceremony in Italy when they returned.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Go with the passport information. You have to produce documents to get one.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.