CATENA and IMBRIANO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Italianopc

CATENA and IMBRIANO

Post by Italianopc »

Ciao everybody...

Has anybody got any info on the two family names above - i haven't done this stuff before so any tips, etc would be very helpful.

I'm trying to find out information regarding my family, hopefully ancestors as well (family tree), where the names come from, etc

Any help would be really appreciated :)
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: CATENA and IMBRIANO

Post by ptimber »

For someone just starting our the cardinal rule is to work backward from the prresent. usually you go to www.ellisisland.org to find the relatives who first immigrated, find the town of origin in Italy (In Italy all records and historyu and relatives are in the town of origin and no where else!!) But since you do not say how extyensive you want to rfesearch your family it is diffficult to advise you without wasting your time or mine. Please advise if you know the town of origin in Italy and are you interested in knowing how to conduct genealogy research on your family? peter
Italianopc

Post by Italianopc »

ptimber wrote:For someone just starting our the cardinal rule is to work backward from the prresent. usually you go to www.ellisisland.org to find the relatives who first immigrated, find the town of origin in Italy (In Italy all records and historyu and relatives are in the town of origin and no where else!!) But since you do not say how extyensive you want to rfesearch your family it is diffficult to advise you without wasting your time or mine. Please advise if you know the town of origin in Italy and are you interested in knowing how to conduct genealogy research on your family? peter
Thanks - i'm going to see if i can find out some more info - e.g. town of origin....
However, i have never done this before and don't really no where to start
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

A great book and an easy read....Italian genealogical records by Traffor R. Cole. Buy it and read and we are here to direct you and you will find relatives and history and stories and even get invited to Italy when you find your relatives...what more could you want? Peter