Mastromatteo de Gemmis

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ninid

Mastromatteo de Gemmis

Post by ninid »

Looking for info on the name Mastromatteo, specifically mayor of Ferrandina in 1868. First name believed to be Domenico. Also names of de Gemmis, Carella, Santeramo, Baldovino & Ercolano. These 5 names sons of Mastromatteo. Mother of Alfredo de Gemmis Petronilla Fiore??
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Mastromatteo de Gemmis

Post by Squigy »

ninid wrote:Looking for info on the name Mastromatteo, specifically mayor of Ferrandina in 1868. First name believed to be Domenico. Also names of de Gemmis, Carella, Santeramo, Baldovino & Ercolano. These 5 names sons of Mastromatteo. Mother of Alfredo de Gemmis Petronilla Fiore??
Ninid,

Here is a list of Sindaci (mayors) of Ferrandina, listing Domenico Mastromettei as mayor in 1868 and again in 1877:

http://www.comune.ferrandina.mt.it/sez1 ... st_pdf.pdf
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
Degemmis

Post by Degemmis »

Ninid,

I am also looking for this information. Alfredo DeGemmis was my great grandfather. I am Lilian DeGemmis Stefanowicz's granddaughter. How are you related? I have some emails from one of grandma's cousins who is still in Italy with some family information in it. Please email me at terit@hotmail.com.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

try telephone directory at www.paginebianche.it putting in furname on left and Ferrandina on right and/or send potential relative letters to possible family members www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm =Peter=
~Peter~