Got email from Siracusa! RE Great Grandmother...check it out

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Got email from Siracusa! RE Great Grandmother...check it out

Post by JPMessina44 »

I noticed they want 1 Euro for the record, which is fine with me....

Where I am a little stumped is that there are two Maria Maddelena Disanto (born 1888 and 1890).....this couldn't be the same person, right?

This seems to be my family, since her brothers were named Francesco, Vito and Guiseppe...I don't recognize Biagio however.

Si comunica che da ricerche effettuate nel fondo Stato Civile, registri di Buccheri si sono riscontrati i seguenti documenti:

1. Atto di nascita di Disanto Francesco nato a Buccheri il 17 agosto 1886, figlio di Rosario e di Brullo Vita (data di registrazione 18 agosto 1886);

2. Atto di nascita di Disanto Maria Maddalena nata a Buccheri il 2 novembre 1888, figlia di Rosario e di Brullo Vita (data di registrazione 5 novembre 1888);

3. Atto di nascita di Disanto Maria maddalena nata a Buccheri il 12 novembre 1889, figlia di Rosario, di professione pastore, di anni 36 e di Brullo Vita, di professione casalinga (data di registrazione 13 novembre 1889);

4. Atto di nascita di Disanto Vito nato a Buccheri il 26 ottobre 1892, figlio di Rosario e Brullo Vita (data di registrazione 29 ottobre 1892);

5. Atto di nascita di Disanto Giuseppe nato a Buccheri il 26 febbraio 1895, figlio di Rosario e Brullo Vita (data di registrazione 28 febbraio 1895);

6. Atto di nascita di Disanto Biagio nato a Buccheri il 2 febbraio 1897 figlio di Rosario e Brullo Vita (data di registrazione 4 febbraio 1897), a margine dell’atto trovasi le seguenti annotazioni: Biagio Disanto in data 08/07/1920 sposò a Buccheri Gaetana Occhipinti.

Si informa, che per ricevere le copie degli atti suddetti deve inviare € 1,00 in moneta e i documenti le saranno inoltrati per Email.

Cordiali saluti.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Got email from Siracusa! RE Great Grandmother...check it

Post by liviomoreno »

It is very likely that Maria Maddalena Disanto born Nov 2 1988 died after a few months...
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

update: meant born 1888 and 1889...(not 1890, in which I thought was her birth year.)
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Livio, so is it possible that Rosario and Vito had their first girl (Maria in 1888), she passed away and had another daughter and named her Maria as well?

My greatmother passed away in 1958 in Bronx, NY....
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

It is 99,99% true! Often when a child passed away they would call the next one with the same name.
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Interesting....so #3 seems to be my ggrandma.....that's wild. If Catania and my greatgrandfather birth takes too long, perhaps I should go thru my great grandmother for the dual citizenship?

I asked Catania via email, and letter over the last 2-3 months now...nothing yet.

I would be eligible if I went: Me - Father - Grandfather - Grandmother...right? (right now im going Me-Father-Gpa- Great Gpa)
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Your grandmother couldnt pass on citizenship until after 1948. If your going through your grandma your father would have to be born AFTER 1948. Was he?
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Great Grandmother was born in 1889.
Grandfather was born in 1927
Father was born in 1956
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Your great grandmother couldnt pass citizenship onto your grandfather because he was born before 1948. He didnt inherit it. Do you have another line to go through?
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

Yeah, I still have my great grandfather, I was just hoping to avoid the long wait I seemed to have inherited by trying to go thru Catania.

Siracusa responded with my great grandmothers birth in less than 2 weeks....

Catania has me on pins and needles for the last 2.5 months.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I know it stinks when you have a quicker route that wont work. I had one that would be quicker and cheaper but my great grandfather naturalized 4 months before my grand father was born! Imagine, my GGM was pregnant with my GF when they naturalized. So close!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

jeez, thats a tough one right there! :(

At least I know for sure my ggpa didnt even submit paperwork until 4 years after my grandpas birth..so Im clear on that side.
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I was so mad when I got the news. But now I have another line where there was no naturalization at all. But its the most difficult side because family isnt cooperating or knows much info, comunes arent responding, amendments need to be done, etc. Its just THEE MOST complicated branch in my family but hey, at least it will work , lol!
JPMessina44
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JPMessina44 »

True, the first step is knowing it will work...next steps is locating the documents.

I found out today, that I am gonna have a heck of a time ordering from NYC Health and Vital Statistics, cause I can't use Vitalcheck since I need to prove my relationship to my gma and gpa.

Im having my mom and dad order their own birth and marriage this weekend.

Then I need to submit an application for my great gma, gpa death from NYC, grandfaher birth and death from NYC, grandma birth from NYC and Marriage from NYC. This all needs to be done via paper application with proof of who I am. Stinks.....

And still waiting on Catania to send me birth certificate of Great Gpa.

Siracusa will email me great grandma birth once I send them 1 Euro for the document.....always fun.