Surnames Noce & Garzia Caltinasetta, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
josephinemartinez

Re: Surnames Noce & Garzia Caltinasetta, Sicily

Post by josephinemartinez »

Dear Laura, thank you once again for taking your time to help me and for the information you provided. You are a very special person. I will be going to the Family History Center on Wednesday of this week to search for my Grandfather "James" Vincenzo Noce. I will let you know what I was able to obtain in a few days. God bless you. Sincerely, Josephine Martinez.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Thank you Josephine, you're a very kind person... :D
The records I found are on.line so it was not so difficult to find them, I'm happy that I was able to help you in your research and when you'll be able to obtain Vincenzo Noce birth act you can post here the image so we can see it togheter .

I found another interesting document for you, it's a 1899 death act for Michele Garzia (age 8 days :cry: ) son of Salvatore and Carmela Petrantoni (Josephine's brother) who died on 7 january 1899. The family was living on Via [street] Danese, Caltanissetta.

image:
http://postimage.org/image/2213ogejo/

Laura
josephinemartinez

It is heartbreaking to find out that there was "another" little Michael in my family but, died as a baby. What they must have felt and gone through to put this little guy to rest. Thank you Laura for this invaluable information. I will let you know what I find out at the Family Center. I plan on going Wednesday. Monday they are closed and Tuesday I have to vote!!! Thank you again Laura, you are the best. Sincerely, Josephine Martinez
josephinemartinez

I am happy to say that I was able to obtain my Grandfather's birth certificate through the LDS Church nearby where I live. I need some help translating the document. Will someone please help? Thank you very much.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Josephine :D I'm happy you were able to find it!
You can post an image of the act on this section of the forum:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... m/f=5.html

You'll find a big help...

Laura
josephinemartinez

Thanks Laura. I will do that.