Military Records and Vatican Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
panizzon

Military Records and Vatican Records

Post by panizzon »

My grandfather was in WW1 as an Italian Soldier. How can I obtain his military records. I have date of birth info etc. After the war he was retained to be a Guard at the Vatican. It is possible to get this information also. Any help would be appreciated. Sylvia
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Military Records and Vatican Records

Post by ricbru »

Sylvia, his military record is kept at provinciale archive where he was born or was resident. Also the vatican web site has the email of the secret archive, maybe there is something in there
let us know
bye Riccardo
panizzon

Post by panizzon »

ricbru wrote:Sylvia, his military record is kept at provinciale archive where he was born or was resident. Also the vatican web site has the email of the secret archive, maybe there is something in there
let us know
bye Riccardo
Riccardo I would like to thank you for your help. For some reason I did not see your reply until now. If my grandfather was born in Schio so I assume that I write to Comune di Schio for this information. It is hard to get them to reply, have you had good results? I live in Australia where are you?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Dear Sylvia,
you need to write to Archivio di Stato di Vicenza, where all military records are kept about the WW1 time. Usually Archivio di Stato di Vicenza reply soon. I live in Italy, a couple of hours far away from Schio, send me a private message if you want, my email is ricbru@gmail.com, bye Riccardo