Martinelli: Buffalo, NY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Stefani

Martinelli: Buffalo, NY

Post by Stefani »

Looking for information on Angelo and Margaret Martinelli. I don't know what town they are from in Italy, but they ended up in Buffalo, NY. Their daughter Grace married Donato Verdi. I know Grace was born in Buffalo.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Martinelli: Buffalo, NY

Post by ptimber »

Have you tried to trace their entry into the uSA at ellis island.org website? Go to www.ellisisland.org and look them up. Peter
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

In answer to all your replies to my first posts, yes, I've looked, I was trying this out to see if there were others who had common ancestry. Thanks for the help though! :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

go to www.google.com and insert surname and the word Genealogy for anyone doing research on that surname. Peter
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Martinelli is a very common name....chances of someone with the exact same ancestry contacting you is small....but you never know...

Angelo Martinelli appears to have entered the US on Nov. 5, 1896 aboard the ship Victoria, age 23, out of Naples. No town was listed as place of residence or birth.

IN 1900, Angelo is married, age 26, born May 1874, having arrived in US in 1897. Wife Margaret is born May 1883 age 17 and stated she arrived in 1892. Daughter Mary G. was born Oct 1899 and 7 months old.

In 1920, Angelo in Buffalo, ED 257, page 48B
Angelo, age 46, arrived 1897, naturalized ...appears the year is 1908
Margaret, age 36...now stated she was born in NY
Leonardo, age 17
Lucy, age 15
Mary, age 11
Katherine, age 10
Joseph, age 8
Josephine, age 4

The fact he was naturalized is something to pursue. Since you have a year, if you can locate the declaration of intent and the actual naturalization papers, you may find the town of origin. If you have a maiden name for Margaret...you may find her family in the census as well.

Get cemetery records and death records...these will help.

There are just too many of the name to wait for someone to contact you. The more info you have, the better able to you will be to make connections to the rest of the family....

Good Luck
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Stefani if you already had the information why didn;t you say that you were looking for connections to the family instead of making eople re-invent the wheel and tell you what you already knew in the first place???? You oght to be ashamed of yourseelf in being so deceptive. Peter
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Thank you Essgee! You were very helpful! :D

Yes, as I've been researching in all the usual places I have gotten overwhelmed by all the Martinelli's!

Thanks so much for looking that up, I will check it out!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

....and what am I an orphan???? Ca nesshun e fessa!. Peter