Alfieri Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Anappi

Alfieri Family

Post by Anappi »

Looking for any information for Chiarina Alfieri. Arrived in USA at Ellis Island March 1921. Her mother was Regina Alfieri. Father was Guiseppe Alfieri. Born 5/12/1895. Believe she had 1 brother and 4 sisters in Comiziano. She had a nephew Sam Alfieri who lived in Niagara Falls Canada who returned to visit Italy several times. Believe one of her sisters was named Illuminari ( not sure of spelling) Also believed her father died when she was 1 year old.
SundayDinner

Re: Alfieri Family

Post by SundayDinner »

hi Anappi
my greatgrandmothers sister Assunta Reppucci (b.1888) married Patrick Alfieri (b.1881)...(changed to Alfred) she was born in italy but lived in boston and then chelsea, massachusetts......perhaps a connection somewhere?
surnames: Giggi, Reppucci, Ruggilo, Strati and Laurino
maternal (mtDNA) haplogroup W
Anappi

Post by Anappi »

My grandmother married Severino Nappi in Brooklyn when she cam to America in March of 1921. She had a brother who came here first and then she came over later. I do not have any information about the brother. They were from Comziano in Italy and lived in Syracuse, NY. Her nephews were Sam, Frank and Carmine Alfieri who worked in Niagara Falls.
Francoise79

Post by Francoise79 »

Dear Anappi,
unfortunately I've just got this message, realizing It's dated 2011...
Hope you can see this message anyway.
You talked about Sam, Frank, adn Carmine from Comiziano.
Well, Frank, Francesco in Italian, was my grandfather (the father of my mother). These days my mother asked me to check any information about Alfieri Family in Canada (they had a famous restaurant called "Capri" near Niagara Falls, now closed I guess).
Anyway my mother visits Comiziano every year, maybe she can get info about Chiarina Alfieri, I think someone there can help you.
Ciao
Anappi

Post by Anappi »

My godfather was Sam Alfieri who owned the Capri in Niagara Falls. My mother is Antoinette Nappi Sweenie, living in Fulton NY. When does your mom go to italy? My mother was supposed to go with Sam, but he passed away and the restaurant has been closed. She has no idea about any of the family members other than those at the Capri. ANY information would be greatly appreciated. My email Kruneare@yahoo.com
connielou

Post by connielou »

Hello,
I was thrilled to see your posting about Sam Alfieri in Niagara Falls.My family visited the Capri restaurant because they were my dad's cousins.My dad's name was Sam Alfieri.I have linked the family back to Comiziano Italy.My grandpa Michael (Michele) and my grandma
Carmela Nappi Alfieri lived in Syracuse,NY.Grandpa Mike's parents were Severino Alfieri and Antonina Santorelli.Grandma Carmela's parents were Pasquale Nappi and carmosina Vanora.I don't have any information about the family in Comiziano Italy.My e-mail address is alwaysme49@yahoo.com. I hope we can share more information with each other.Connie Alfieri
connielou

Post by connielou »

Hello,
My dad's name was Samuel Alfieri,his parents were Michael(Michele) Alfieri and Carmela Nappi Alfieri.Sam Nappi the owner of the Capri restaurant was my father's cousin.I am not sure how they were cousins.My grandfather's parents were Severino Alfieri and Antonina Santorelli.I have other information that I will happily share and I hope you will do the same.
canadagirl

Post by canadagirl »

hello
my husband came across these posts tonight and showed them to me. my name is angela and i am the daughter of carmen alfieri who was the chef at the capri restaurant. my uncle was sam alfieri owner and operator of the restaurant. i am originally from niagara falls and have been back ti italy a few times to visit family. i can probably answer many of your questions if you send them to me. im interested in finding out who all of you are. my paternal grandfather was michele alfieri born in brooklyn and returned ti italy when he was two
Anappi

Post by Anappi »

My name is Karen Runeare from Fulton NY. My grandmother was chiarina (Alfieri) Nappi who was married to severino(Sam) and was your dad's aunt from Syracuse NY. My mom is her daughter Antoinette (Nappi) Sweenie, we came to Niagara Falls a few times several years ago. She talked about going back to Italy with Sam before he passed away when we were last at the restaurant. She is very interested in any info. Kruneare@ yahoo.com
canadagirl

Post by canadagirl »

Hi Karen

if I follow this correctly then your mother and my father were first cousins?? is that correct? What is your mother's name? And your grandmother Chiarina would have been sister to my grandfather Michele?

Angela