SPADARO or SPATARO, Carmelo - descendants in Argentina?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bette »

Carmelo Spadaro, born in 1883 in Valguarnera Caropepe, Sicily, to Anna Pellegrino and Domenico Spadaro, immigrated to Argentina, probably prior to 1910. It is known that he married and had at least 4 children. Sometime in the 1920\'s his wife had died. The family in Italy had received a letter from him at this time but later lost track of him. Would like to find his descendants to complete my family tree. If you are related please contact me. I can provide his photograph.
<BR>
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are well over 100 Spadaro surnamed persons in Argentina but here is one Carmelo Spadaro who may be worth a shot since he is the one with the Carmelo name. If you arer sure it is Spadaro and not Spataro, get back to me and I give you his daddress. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 4 Spadaro and no Spataro in Valguarnera so most likely Spadario is the surname. If I were you I would write to the families in Valguarnera and ask them as well as contact the carmelo in Argentina. Peter
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bette »

Thank you for your responses. The family name is \"Spadaro\", but I am also searching under the name, \"Spataro\" since many families have changed their name from the original. I have written to well over 50 families in Argentina, but have not found a match yet. Actually, I have probably had 10 responses from other Spadaro families also looking for their connections. But, you have reminded me that I should not give up the search through the \"postal\" mailing system. Thanks, Bette.
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bette »

Peter,
<BR>Yes. please send me the address of the Carmelo Spadaro you have in Argentina. My Argentina lists are about 4 years old. It is worth a shot.
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Bette
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Carmelo T. Spadaro, c.de Saavedra 3198,Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina.....Peter
Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bette »

Thanks, Peter.