Lo Schiavo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Lo Schiavo

Post by mystictyger18 »

my great grandmas maiden name was Lo Schiavo...which translates to 'the Slave'...could this mean she may have been a descendant of a slave? She was from Sicily and I know there is some African influence there...if anyone can help me with this please let me know
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Lo Schiavo

Post by suanj »

mystictyger18 wrote:my great grandmas maiden name was Lo Schiavo...which translates to 'the Slave'...could this mean she may have been a descendant of a slave? She was from Sicily and I know there is some African influence there...if anyone can help me with this please let me know
the surname Lo Schiavo, (also in version: Loschiavo, Slavo, Schiavi etc ) coming from Slavo word means inhabitant from Slovenia and in particular of Scizia area...
are this historical new: ......" Antica e nobile famiglia proveniente dalla SCIZIA si stabilì a TROMONTI presso AMALFI nel Castello di PONTALTO verso il 1300......."=ancient and noble family coming from Scizia(area) and wents in Tromonti town near amalfi town in the Pontalto castle around year 1300.."around 1420 are an person in the historical source called Jaco lo scavo in Eolie italian island..regards, suanj
mystictyger18
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Lo Schiavo

Post by mystictyger18 »

wow...thank you for your help suanj