Birthplace for Great-Grandmother Anna Amabile?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Traveler7
Rookie
Rookie

Birthplace for Great-Grandmother Anna Amabile?

Post by Traveler7 »

Hi,

I am seeking the birthplace for my great-grandmother Anna Amabile (married name Carleo). I believe she may have been from the Salerno region but I am not sure which province. She was born on July 26, 1880. Her parents names were Joseph and Antonio Amabile. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
justinfrombklyn
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Birthplace for Great-Grandmother Anna Amabile?

Post by justinfrombklyn »

hi traveler 7

here is some documents i have found for you

here is her ellis island record

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipm ... 2614130062

if it does not work then search anna amabile and click the one that was age 18 and arrived 1897

she came from sant'arsenio in salerno so i believe this is her because she was going to stay with a sister ida on mott street in new york city, and after one year of living here she married antonio carleo on may 1 1898 here is the info and to get a copy of the marriage cert you can contact the records office in nyc and order a copy

this is more info on the town she was from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant'Arsenio

Amabile Anna May 1 1898 7074 Manhattan A514
Carleo Antonio May 1 1898 Manhattan 7074

hope this helps any more questions send me your contact info and i can talk it over the phone wit you

best
justin
Justin
Traveler7
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birthplace for Great-Grandmother Anna Amabile?

Post by Traveler7 »

Thanks Justin. I found this ship manifest a while ago too and sent for her birth certificate from Sant Arsenio but I just received a reply from them stating that they have no such records for her. I also just received the marriage certificate which just states Italy as place of birth. Antonio's birth certificate is on the way from Salvitelle. I am thinking maybe Anna is from Salvitelle also.