bonacelli surname & family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
themelmel

bonacelli surname & family

Post by themelmel »

:wink: it's me again. i got to actually organizing some of my notes and really looking throught them the other day. i have been able to find some family on my mothers paternal side (which we thought were ultimately german) that came from Florence.
the one in particular was Augustine Bonacelli-born in 1598 and died in 1667 (in Florence as i said). of course i'm only 75-80% sure this is the right link to the family that i'm looking at...but for now that's all i can go on. his father was Tito Bonacelli. but that is all i know about Tito. i don't even know a birth year or anything of the like. so if anyone out there happens to know anything or have any decent ideas about where to look, thanx ahead of time.
melanie
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: bonacelli surname & family

Post by ptimber »

There is only the two, Mr and Mrs Tito Bonacelli in the www.familysearch.org which you probably know about but their brith year is different than what you have. The civil records don't go back that far even for Firenze so perhaps if there is a hitorical connection or church connection, there is not too much I can suggest. You might try in "extremis" go to www.google ,.com and see what comes up. Peter
themelmel

Post by themelmel »

thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not wish to overlook the obvious but have you explored tghe medieval surname index?? Peter
themelmel

Post by themelmel »

:mrgreen: hey people i'm finally back. long time no see. i've been working quite a bit. i had tried my hand at going back to the local community college for a history degree...it didn't work out...been working every since....anyway i wanted to thank you for sending me the idea of looking through the medieval sites.....
as it is i have had to start all over on my genealogy (all of it). about 2mnths ago someone stole my bag out of my car and it had everything in it....luckily i remembered enough names and dates (believe me i spent so long studying it) that it was easy enough...just time consuming was all.
anyway....thanx again.
mel
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

themelmel,

That's awful!! :evil:

Did you not back up your information on a computer or disc or even make photocopies for safe keeping? If you didn't, I think you should after this experience!

Good luck!! :D

Nuccia :D