Looking for Surname "de David" from Sedico/BL,

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
saemiseg

Looking for Surname "de David" from Sedico/BL,

Post by saemiseg »

Hi,
I'm looking for Ancestors of the "de David"-family originating from the town of Sedico, Belluno in the province of Venezia.
I know that my husband's great-grandfather, Olivio de David (1863-1940) married his second wife Maria Giovanna Mezzomo (1876-1924) in 1899 and emigrated with her into Switzerland. They had six children (Oliva Stefanie 1904-1987, Roberto Giustino 1910-1974, Emilia Leonilda 1902-1927, Silvio Olivio 1917-1968, Guido Guiseppe 1905-1987 and Rodolfo Angelo 1899-1978, the two last-mentioned of which emigrated into the US, year not known). Silvio Olivio was my husband's grandfather. He was born when Olivio and Maria Giovanna already lived in Switzerland.
I found some other "de David's" from Sedico, (Angelo married to Madalena Dica, son Antonio, married Domenica Dalbo, children Ettore, Felice, Primo Angelo and Guiseppe), who emigrated to Caxias Do Sul, Rio Grande Do Sul in Brazil somewhen in the 1880's. But I can not make the connection.
Does anyone of you know something/have relatives by the name of "de David"/know the town of Sedico?
Would very much appreciate if you would write me a short e-mail.
Thanks so much!
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Surname "de David" from Sedico/BL,

Post by ptimber »

There are currently 6 de David listed in Sedico. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert their surname in the first line and Sedico in the third line and click CERCA. You can also look for descendants in www.google.com under De David - genealogy for anyone who is doing or has done research on the surname De David. If your interested there is one person in the USA surnamed De David in Florida and if you go to the telephone directories for Argetina there is one there as well. Whynolt go to the www.infobel.com and lokk up De david in several countries and write and ask them. Certainly there are not too many. to consider. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Just to show my goiod faith there is one De David in Caxias Do Sul listed if that is of any interest to you. Peter
saemiseg

Post by saemiseg »

Thanks so much for the helpful hint again!

In the meantime, I also found some de Davids in Brazil, Caxias do Sul, but so far, I was not successful to make a link to my family line. I also traced another de David in Switzerland, whose family lives near Sedico, but until now, we are still not able to bridge the two family trees. At the moment, I have now 3 separate family trees with no connection to each other, interestingly, all of them originating in the Belluno area and in each family, one or more person(s) were emigrated either to NY in the US or to Caxia Do Sul, so these families must be related to each other. We just need to find the connecting point...

One family (mine) is the one of Olivio de David from Sedico (born 27.2.1863), married to Toscana Casagrande from 1882-1897 when she died and then in second marriage to Maria Giovanna Mezzomo as from 1899. They emigrated into Switzerland in 1899.

The second one is the one of Angelo de David (place and date of birth unknown), married to Madalena Dica. He had a son by the name of Antonio de David (born 1875 in Belluno), married to Domenica Dalbo, whose children Felice (1878) and Ettore (1875) were born in Belluno and Primo Angelo (20.10.1881) and Guiseppe (1883) were born in Caxias Do Sul.

The third family is the one of Ferdinando de David (1840) from Feltre, Belluno, who married to Maria Chiara Daru (born 1843 in Italy). They emigrated into Brazil (year of emigration unknown, but must have been after 1875 becaus third child was still born in Italy and before 1882, as Maria Chiara died 4.3.1882 in Caxias Do Sul).

That's what we've found out so far from the quite extensive research we have done on the net in the last few weeks. At the moment, we are stuck somehow...

If anyone knows anything of these family, I would appreciate a short note. Thanks a lot in advance.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The one that I came across had a transporting business called Lizot Ltda in Caxias Do Sul which most likely belongs to one of the three. Peter
juliadedavid

Post by juliadedavid »

Hey, saemiseg!

I'm so glad I found some informations about my family and people who want to increase this research!
I'm brazilian, from the southest region, and my father Carlos Dedavid was born in Caxias do Sul/RS (1947), as well as his brothers and my grandfather, Giacomo Dedavid (1910-2004), married with Nair Fochesato (1922).
I know my grandfather was son of Felice De David, born in Sedico - Belluno/Italy, and came to Brazil with one or two brothers, stablishing at the "4ª Colônia" Region in the RS, in a city called Faxinal do Soturno.
Our surname was changed to Dedavid with the immigration, but I have old documents registering it as De David.

I was also reading something about the origin of the name De David. It seems to be a "ladin" name, from the Ladine language, a spanish-jewish inheritance.

I would like to know a lot more about our history and "relativeness"!
Could we change e-mails?