Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area

Post by TomG »

My great grandmother was Magdalena Aresi. I'm not certain where she was born, but she married Giuseppe Giliotti in Belforte, E.R. in 1873. She lived in Belforte for the rest of her life so I assume she was from somewhere in that area. I can't find any information about her or the Aresi family.
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area

Post by Paolo47 »

Hello, :D
My guess is you are talking about...
Belforte, comune of Borgo Val di Taro, Parma, Emilia Romagna
Until 1928, Borgo Val di Taro was known as Borgo Taro (or Borgotaro).

If you want to look at birth, marriage and death records from Belforte, take the following information
http://tinyurl.com/3vowt69 to a family History Center near you,
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
and rent the film that has the information you need.
My experience is the marriages took place in the comune of the bride, but I am not sure that was always the case.
Also, there is some information on Ancestry.com (ship manifest and naturalization) for Aresi and Giliotti and they were from the same Belforte, Parma area.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Tom do you have the italian marriage record of Magdalena Aresi and if you do can you post it here so we can see it........

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomG »

No, we don't have a marriage record. I've looked at the LDS records for the church, but I couldn't find it.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

TomG wrote:No, we don't have a marriage record. I've looked at the LDS records for the church, but I couldn't find it.
I think what Marty was asking about was the CIVIL Marriage record. That would be in the Civil registrations on the LDS films :-)

T.