Scandiffio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DianaNevin

Re: Scandiffio

Post by DianaNevin »

I think I may have mentioned that our cousin, Ronnie Urich, lives in LaJolla too. He is Aunt Aida's (my father, Jerry, is her brother. She was the youngest of five siblings.
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Help »

Yes, I will ask my sister if she can find out if he is still living there.
Leelee93

Post by Leelee93 »

DianaNevin wrote: 15 Apr 2015, 22:52 Hi Sandra,
We're cousins!! My grandfather was Franceco (Frank) and my grandmother was Terese. My grandfather was also a tailor. My grandparents lived in Brooklyn NY where my father was born in 1900. My grandparents had 5 children, Nick, Jerry (my father), Joe, Mario, and Aida, all who have passed away. I knew my grandfather had a brother, Michael, who moved to Toronto from Pomarico. I lived in TO for a year and happened to pass by a law firm, Scandiffio and Scandiffio. I went in and met one of the lawyers and we didn't come up with a connection, but I'm sure we just didn't try hard enough. I'm not an ancestry.com member, but maybe I'll join so that I can view your tree. I am so excited that you wrote! A big thrill. Let's keep in touch, and I will check out the private tree if I'm allowed without joining. If I can't, I'll join. If you want, I can include more information about my father's family. I found a very interesting article about my Uncle Mario the other day. Wish I had known this stuff when I was younger, but didn't care then, but sure do now. Thank you so much for responding. I don't think I have any cousins left in the US, certainly none I'm in touch with. My cousin, Carol, the only one I kept in touch with, passed away a few years ago. Look forward to hearing more from you!
Cousin Diana!

Hi Diana ... I just came across this post from years back ... and you’re messaging with my beautiful cousin, Sandra mentioned here ... lol ...

The law firm you mentioned “Scandiffio & Gariepy” was run by my great uncle, Nick Scandiffio and my uncle, Michael Gariepy ( his mom was Scandiffio)
... my uncle Mike still runs it ... so IT IS a family connection for you !!
I was hoping to travel to Italy this year, but with the pandemic 😷... haven’t been able to.

Lisa