Lepri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mtballard

Lepri

Post by mtballard »

Need help in locating g-grandfather info. His name was Giuseppe Lepri. His alien registration papers list Senia, Rome, Italy as his place of birth. I can't find Senia. I'm thinking maybe it should be Segni. He was born in April of 1890. Came to America approximately 1906. He went to Lake Village, Arkansas as a farmer. He married Maria Massanelli and they moved to the Pine Bluff, Arkansas area. He died December 1979 at the age of 89. I can not find him through ellis island. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Trish
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Lepri

Post by ptimber »

Go to Family History Library of Mormon church for micorfilm of Segna civil records 1815 to 1911 and see if he was born there and, if so, you can trace his entire family back to 1815. The other route is to go to social security detah indiex and pay $300.00 for a coipy of his oorignal social security application which wiull contain the vitals as to place of birth. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mtballard wrote:Need help in locating g-grandfather info. His name was Giuseppe Lepri. His alien registration papers list Senia, Rome, Italy as his place of birth. I can't find Senia. I'm thinking maybe it should be Segni. He was born in April of 1890. Came to America approximately 1906. He went to Lake Village, Arkansas as a farmer. He married Maria Massanelli and they moved to the Pine Bluff, Arkansas area. He died December 1979 at the age of 89. I can not find him through ellis island. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Trish
Hi,
your ancestor born in April, 6, 1890 (from familysearch)
and I think really born in Segni town, why Senia not exist.. ...regards, suanj
mtballard

Post by mtballard »

Thank you peter and suanj! I am going to get the local LDS branch to order the microfilm. Maybe I can find out who his parents and siblings were.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sorry about social security. It is $30.00 for a copy of original application. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mtballard wrote:Thank you peter and suanj! I am going to get the local LDS branch to order the microfilm. Maybe I can find out who his parents and siblings were.
Hi: you send an request Segni Common for ask if your ancestor born in Segni? and you know all info...suanj
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

As there are no Lepri's now in Segni, please let me suggest you to try Siena. May be at the time it was not easy to explain where one was from, and the area was very approximated, so it might be worth try.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

PippoM wrote:As there are no Lepri's now in Segni, please let me suggest you to try Siena. May be at the time it was not easy to explain where one was from, and the area was very approximated, so it might be worth try.
well: for your question, my reply, always is: the just town is Segni, why are wrote Senia, Roma, and means Senia(Segni) in Roma province.
Now: Siena town is also very ancient province itself(Siena town in Siena province).
Just not are currently lepri persons living in Segni, but are many(162 families)Lepri people living in all Roma province
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... rm&x=0&y=0
regards, suanj