Uccello Ancestors

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Uccello Ancestors

Post by Amansolillo »

Hello. My great-grandfather was Salvatore Uccello. He was born on July 26, 1887. In the early 1900's, he immigrated from Canicattini Bagni, Sicily, to Rhode Island. In 1916, he married my great-grandmother, Esther Pesaturo. In Italy, Salvatore had five brothers and three sisters, whose names are currently unknown. Salvatore died on April 8, 1968. I can't find an records of him, aside from censuses, that would say anything about who his parents were. I can't find a death record for him or a marriage record of him. I would appreciate any information of the identity of his parents. Thanks
Towns of interest: Panni, Itri, Ceprano, Pontecorvo, Prata Sannita, Canicattini Bagni
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Uccello Ancestors

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Your best bet is to simply write to Canicattini Bagni and request Salvatore's birth act. Alternatively, you can visit your local Family History Center and order microfilms of Canicattini Bagni civil records for review. See http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0 and [url]http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp[/url for details.

If you wish to write:

26 agosto 2011 [agosto is August, for September use settembre; month names in italian are written lower case]

[your name]
[your address]

STATI UNITI D'AMERICA - USA

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Canicattini Bagni
Via XX Settembre 42
96010 Canicattini Bagni SR
ITALY

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo [your name here], ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.

Vi scrivo affinché mi aiutiate a reperire:

* Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita
* Copia integrale dell'atto di Matrimonio [on the chance that he married there as well]

per il mio bisnonno:

* UCCELLO SALVATORE nato nel Comune di Canicattini Bagni, in data 26 luglio 1887, paternità incerto, maternità incerto

Vi prego di farmi sapere quanto dovuto per il servizio e per i costi di spedizione.

Distinti saluti,

[your signature]

Birth/marriage/death photocopies of original registry pages are called: Copia integrale dell'atto di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte. These are more difficult to read but contain lots of additional useful information compared to...

Birth/marriage/death computer-generated (sometimes hand-written) extracts are: Estratto Per Riassunto Per Atto Di Nascita/Matrimonio/Morte

Most comuni do not charge for these documents. Do send a large, self-addressed (but not stamped) envelope if possible; be sure to put "STATI UNITI D'AMERICA - USA" in the final line of your address. It is also a good idea to include a copy of your ID (driver's license, for example) as some comuni will not process requests without it.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Uccello Ancestors

Post by adelfio »

If you look on the ship manifest for Salvatore Uccello and Vincenzo his brother leaving father Giuesppe Uccello in Canicattini lines 21-22
click on prompt and click to enlarge again
http://postimage.org/image/32yv485d0/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty