Franceschi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PatriciaAnn

Franceschi

Post by PatriciaAnn »

Hello, I would like to trace any decendants of Luigi John Franceschi, born Lucca 1908, travelled to Australia when he was 16 years old. He died in Perth, Western Australia in 1948. His father was Zelindo Franceschi and his mother was Teresina Massoni. He was my husband's father and he would like to know some of his family. Luigi died when my husband Mervyn John Franceschi was not quite 4 years old. I would appreciate any correspondence, thank you.
Patricia Franceschi
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Franceschi

Post by Italysearcher »

So you are looking for descendants of siblings of Luigi who emigrated to Australia? Are you sure they didn't emigrate too? You can write to the Comune di Lucca and request a Stato di Famiglia for the parents giving what information you have. That should provide his siblings names. Then request birth records for each. This should give you the marriages (if any) and surnames of the sisters' children. etc...
Its quite a process but doable!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

If you haven't done so already, visit the National Archives of Australia website at http://www.naa.gov.au/ and click "Name Search" on the right. Put "franceschi" in the name box and select All records from the category box, then click Search.

When viewing the results page, the items which have an icon in the column labeled "Digitized item" can be viewed directly by clicking the icon and then paging through the individual documents.

The results without the icon can be ordered by clicking anywhere within the item and then clicking the "Request Copy" link at the upper-right of the next page. To see what an item is about, click the link in the "Series number - Click to see which government agency or person created this item" field.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PatriciaAnn

Post by PatriciaAnn »

Thank you for your suggestions, I will give them a try.