Inocente Pappa Costa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pappaguatemala

Inocente Pappa Costa

Post by pappaguatemala »

Can someone help me?? he was my great grand father, what i know... he came to Guatemala from the south of Italy in the late 1800's or early 1900's..
The whole Pappa family in Guatemala came from him. It's funny that everyone in one country with the same last name is related....that's why I would like to know more about where the last name comes from.
jsalamone

Re: Inocente Pappa Costa

Post by jsalamone »

Hi,
Yeah it is very interesting how a family can grow so big and all come from one same immigrant ancestor. It's a little bit more likely with rarer surnames like in some of my Sicilian family but I am also related to the Acadian Boudreau family and they all come from this same one guy, Michel, who went from France to Nova Scotia in the 17th Century. It's insane.
Anyway, in regards to your great-grandfather, Inocente. Pappa is not an extremely proliferous name but it is fairly common, mainly in the south of Italy (especially Napoli and Sicilia). Costa is a rather common last name but I know from my research that it is VERY common in Sicily. Though countries like Guatemala do not enjoy the luxury of having many of their records microfilmed or online, they usually do exist. It will be much hard though. Since Inocente came from Italy he probably would have arrived on the Atlantic side, so he may have passed through Puerto Barrios. He may have come through another country first so consider that too.
Research what you can online about the Pappa and Costa families. It will be better if you can find out a general or even a specific "where" (from where Inocente came) but for now that will be a good way to learn more about Inocente and your family.
Good Luck!
JS
pappaguatemala

Post by pappaguatemala »

Hi jsalamone,
thanks for your reply, i will try to find a bit more about the families as you said... I'll post any updates.
thanks again.

Marco Pappa
interesting17

Post by interesting17 »

Hi pappaguatemala,

I posted something before but I don't see it. I just registered myself on this site because of this post. There is a possibility that we shared the same great grandfather. As far as I know that there were two brothers who came from Sicily. I wish I have seen this post before. The full name helps a lot. I want to know more as well.