Angelo Vaccaro Avigliano Italy to Port Chester before 1916

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Angelo Vaccaro Avigliano Italy to Port Chester before 1916

Post by EMTLP »

My great grandfather Vincenzo LoRusso b. 1866 Avigliano, Basilicata, Italy came to the US on Oct 23, 1916 on Giuseppe Verdi. He was traveling with my grandfather Francesco Antonio b. 1902 and lived in Waterbury, CT.

Vincenzo & "Frank" were going to Vincenzo's Uncle Angelo Vaccaro in Port Chester, NY. I am trying to figure out how Angelo fits into my family.
Vincenzo was the son of Francesco LoRusso and Maria Giovanna Sabia. To be Vincenzo's Uncle, Angelo Vaccaro would have to be Maria Giovanna Sabia's sister's husband or Tomasso Nardozza's sisters husband or Vita Crescenzia Pace's sister's husband.

Vincenzo married Isabella Maria Nardozzi. Daughter of Tomasso Nardozza b. 28 June1833 & Vita Crescenzia Pace. Tomasso Nardozza's parents are Domenico Nardozzi and Angela Marie Lioj. Domenico and Angela Marie had another child Carminella b. 18 April 1850 I would also like to know if they had other children as there is a large gap between the two children that I am aware.

Vita Crescenzia Pace b.1841 was the daughter of Giambattista Pace & Angela Gianturo.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Angelo Vaccaro Avigliano Italy to Port Chester before 1

Post by pink67 »

Don't know if you already seen this previous arrival manifest:

7 may 1913

Lo Russo Vincenzo, age 47, male, married, place of birth and last residence in Italy Avigliano, next of kin in Italy his wife Isabella, going to Port Chester NY to join his brother in law Angelo Vaccaro

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001

Laura
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Angelo Vaccaro possible ship manifest New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 Record for Angelo Vaccaro 1907 April 11 ship Montevideo
line #7-11
Angelo Vaccaro(1876) with wife Margherita Veltri(1878) with kids going to Port Chester NY from Avigliano Italy
click for record click again to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/16bpg80o4/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank you. I think I did come across this years ago and dismissed it for some reason or didn't pick up on the brother-in-law vs. uncle notation.

I have the siblings for Vincenzo and Isabella but I'm not sure who came to the states and who didn't.
Vincenzo LoRusso's sisters are
Maria Giovanna b. 4 Dec 1904, Maria Lucia b. 2 Feb 1916 and Maria Carmella b. 10 May 1913 who married George Wick b. 28 Aug 13 in New Hampshire but they lived in Waterbury, CT. I don't know if the other 2 sister's came to USA and if so if they married an Angelo Vaccaro.

Isabella Nardozza(i)'s sisters are
Angela Maria Nardozza b. 21 Nov. 1871, Catarine Nardozza b. 13 Nov 1877, Carminella b. 30 Oct 1879 Maria Caterine 28 June 1852 & Maria Guiseppa b. 15 Jul 1855
According to Isabella Nardozza's obituary she left a sister Mrs. Vito Donata Sabia in Italy but I don't know to whom that makes reference.

So one of these ladies married an Angelo Vaccaro. The question is which one?

They were all born in Avigliano, Basicilata Italy.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Hi Marty,I saw that too but don't have any connection to Margherita Veltri. She doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in my tree. She isn't Vincenzo LoRusso's sibling or Isabella Nardozzi's sibling for the brother-in-law perspective or from the Uncle perspective she doesn't seem to fit in that generation either. Thanks for looking.

Fox Island Road in Port Chester does fit in some how as my Dad remembers going to visit his cousins there and I think that is where I found an Angelo Vaccaro but if his wife is a Veltri I don't see how she fits unless Angelo was married more than one time? Thanks again.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Did a lttle searching possible marriage record of Angelo Antonio Vaccaro and Angela Maria Nardozza
The year 1889 Dec 19 before the civil official of Avigliano Leonardo Summa appeared Angelo Antonio Vaccaro age 32 farmer son of Giovanni Baptista Vaccaro and Alisa Colangelo all residents of Avigliano and his wife
Angela Maria Nardozza age 18 farmer daughter of Tomaseo Nardozza and Covenzia Pace all residents of Avigliano
click for record and click to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/1h5cplkv8/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Hi Marty,
Thank You. How did you do that???? Amazing! Are these records online?
I have written for state of the family information without much luck. Years ago I had some success with that but not any longer.

I knew that my grandparents were related sharing great grandparents Tomasso Nardozza and Vita Crescenzia Pace.

I am interested in finding all of Tomasso's (b.1833) siblings. His parents are Domenico Nardozza and Angela Marie Lioj (spelling may end in i, or y)The only other child I know of is Carmenella Nardozzi. b.18 Apr 1850. There must be other children in those 17 years.
Turns out that my grandparents share the same great grandfather Domenico Nardozza. Carminella is my grandmother's grandmother and Tomasso is my grandfather's grandmother. I always knew they were related was never able to connect the Nardozzi and Nardozza on each side until very recently.

They must also have another connection as both my great grandparents are Vincenzo LoRusso.
My grandfather's father Vincenzo LoRusso b. 7 Jun 1866 m.Isabella Nardozzi b.12 Feb 1875. My grandmother's father Vincenzo LoRusso b. 7 Sept 1873 m. Maria Vincenza Margiotta b. 10 Feb 1878

Thank you again for all your work. Genealogy can sure be addicting.
My Dad always says why didn't we ask these questions when his parents were alive?
Eileen
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage act of Vincenzo LoRusso b. 7 Jun 1866 m.Isabella Nardozzi b.12 Feb 1875.
April 2 1892 Vincenzo Lorusso 25 farmer son of Francesco Lorusso and Maria Giovanna Sabia all residents of Avigliano and wife Isabella Maria Nardozza 17 farmer daughter of Tommaso Nardozza and Crescenzia Pace all residents of Avigliano
click on record click to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/1hhy9usmc/

Marriage act of Vincenzo LoRusso b. 7 Sept 1873 m. Maria Vincenza Margiotta
1896 Oct 3 Vincenzo Lorusso age 23 farmer son of Francesco Lorusso
and Carmenilla Nardozza and wife
Maria Vincenza Margiotta 18 farmer daughter of Bartolomeo Margiotta and Maria ??????( cant read this one) all resident of Avigliano
click on record click to enlarge
http://postimage.org/image/1hibi5kkk/
Records are on ancestry.com Potenza, Basilicata, Italy, Civil Registration Records, 1861-1938 Potenza > Avigliano there are alot of records to go through.
Marty

Marty
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thanks for your help finding these documents. Eileen
sbrown2990

Post by sbrown2990 »

I know this doesn't help you other than to eliminate one of the sisters, but I do know that Maria Guiseppa Nardozza (i) was my great grandmother, and lived in Torrington Conn and had relatives in Waterbury. She married Raffaele Sabia and had 7 children in Torrington. I have just started researching my ancestors, and logged onto this website and your post was the very first one I saw. I can't even believe that you were posting about some of my distant relatives. Good luck to you.

Sheila
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Sheila, I sent you a private message. Eileen
Aprilangela824

Re: Angelo Vaccaro Avigliano Italy to Port Chester before 1916

Post by Aprilangela824 »

Angela Maria ( Nardozza )Vaccaro 21 Nov 1871 and Angelo Vaccaro were my great-grandparents . I am named after her . They were from Avigliano and settled in Waterbury , CT . She had 7 children , one was my grandmother Mildred (Carmela) Vaccaro Strang. Her siblings were John , Anna , Sadie Vitacrescenza, Tommaso , Joseph , & Donata Marie (Mary) resided in Waterbury CT . My father was 3 when she passed away. I came across this forum as I was researching some cousins , we were discussing having a family reunion in the near future . I was very excited to see the above info about their marriage !

April Angela