Birth Record needed from Naples, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record needed from Naples, Italy

Post by Italysearcher »

He got married in the USA if I understood correctly. If he married in the Catholic church they might have recorded his parish of birth. This will give you the district of Naples.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

The site of Archivio di Stato di Napoli, about search of individuals, states exactly the same as they wrote in their e-mail, but it also adds that it is possible to turn "to Commune of Napoli, as they possess the same data, in digital format, with the possibility of immediate search".
So, may be if you write to the Commune, there might be soime more chance.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Pjulo

Post by Pjulo »

I just found out that Michele was married by a judge, not in a church.

I am curious about this Commune though? Would I send them the same email that I sent to the Archives? If so, would you happen to have the address to send it to?

Thanks a bunch!
Txbrandiwine

Post by Txbrandiwine »

I I need some assistance locating the birth records for my great grandmother. She is from the Naples area but I don’t know what town.

Lucy Calabrese
Born December 13,1893
Naples, Italy
Mother: Filomena Noble
Father: Alexander Calabrese

I appreciate any help.
TofanoSearcher

Post by TofanoSearcher »

Pjulo wrote: 09 Oct 2011, 17:10 We have no idea what part of Naples he is from. He is the only person in our family that we even have a name for that was not US born. Do I have any other ways to go? We have searched all areas for scraps of paper, etc, the best we found is that he is from Naples.
Have you searched for him in the National Archives AAD? Have you found his Social Security, if he applied for one? If you do, then you may be able to see his parents names listed in there, and from that you might be able to search Antenati for his parents' records.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Lucy Calabrese husband birth record

Birth record town of Serino Avellino Michele Francesco Solimime 1882 May 28th son of Alessando Solimine age 38 farmer and Filomena Corsetto age 28 daughter of Domencio Corsetto

PG LINK
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty