information surname Labozzetta from Scilla

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sgt0057

information surname Labozzetta from Scilla

Post by sgt0057 »

Attempting to find family records for my Grandfather Paolo Labozzetta born 1899 and great uncle Giuseppe Labozzetta born 1895. They came from Scilla. :D
Orignal surname Labozzetta
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: information surname Labozzetta from Scilla

Post by ptimber »

All records are in the townof origin and they are most likely on microfilm at the nearest Mormon Family History Library and in the town municipal offices available to you by written request. Do you happen to the know the town in Sicily? if not go to www.ellisisland.org and look up their arrival and when you find them the town name will also appear. When you have the town please let me know so I can give you the years the town records go back . usually the records go back to 1809. Peter
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymo »

Peter, I think they wrote Scilla, not Sicily...I believe Scilla is a town in either Basilicata or Calabria.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

OOPs!! Sorry for that. Scilla, Postale 89058, Provincia Reggio calabria is on microfilm for civil records from 1809 to 1910. All marriages,births and deaths can be viewed at the library. Any records subsequent to 1910 can be obtained by wiriting to Uffico Di Stato Civile, Comune di Scilla, Postale 89058, Provincia Reggio Calabria, Calabria. Records can be requested in Italian on form letters thru www.circolocalabrese.org and click forms. Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Thank you for the forms link Peter... it's just what I needed today! mfjp
sgt0057

Post by sgt0057 »

peter
There is a family history center close to me in Buffalo NY. After thanksgiving I will contact them on searching for records. Thxs for the help :D
Orignal surname Labozzetta
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not know if they permit micorfilms out of their library but they have all the machines for veiwing the microfilm and for making copies of any page. Whilre I am at it, I do not know how much italian you know or can read since the records are handwritten and so bring a magnifying glass with you and there is a book Seeking youir Italian relatives by Lynn Nelson which is a companion book for the microfilms which will br a big help. Peter