Casamassima Family from Puglia Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dts821

Re: Casamassima Family from Puglia Italy

Post by dts821 »

Hello,

My name is Dawn and it appears we are all related.

Nick and Florence are my maternal grandparents. Nick and Flo had 3 children, all of whom are still alive.

In birth order, their children are Roseann (married to Frank Volpicello, 3 children), Anthony (divorced, several children), and Theresa (divorced with marriage name of Siebel, with me being the only child).

I would love the opportunity to speak with anyone with more information regarding our family history as well as finding my additional relatives.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! :(
trsdts821

Re: Casamassima Family from Puglia Italy

Post by trsdts821 »

Hi my name is Terri,

My Grandfather was Anthony Casamassima and Grandmother was Rose Casamassima, they had three children: Nicholas (my Dad), Louis and Mary (the names we all knew them by). Grandma Rose took pride in learning to speak English. My grandparents came to the USA prior to my Dad being born, both of my grandparents were tailors. After my Grandpa Anthony was killed my Grandma Rose took their three small children back to Italy. My Dad Nicholas was the first to return to the USA followed by Louis approximately a year later,then Grandma Rose and Aunt Mary returned to the USA as well.
Nicholas married Florence Becce and had three children Roseann, Anthony and Theresa, Louis married Francis, however, I do not know her maiden name, they had one child Anthony, Mary returned to Italy to marry Pat Cappiello, soon after they married they returned to the USA they have two children Michael and Anthony.

I would love to hear from anyone who has additional information regarding our family tree :)