Capozziello from Faeto, Foggia Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DeCiccofam

Capozziello from Faeto, Foggia Italy

Post by DeCiccofam »

Hello,

I've only posted on this site a couple of times. I'm looking for ancestors in my family from Faeto, Foggia, Italy. Michele Prospero Capozziello came over in 1899 and his wife, Mary (Maria?) Guiseppa Cerrato Capozziello came to the US with her daughters, Mary (age 8) and Concetta (age 4) in 1912. I would like to find out more about Michele and Mary's parents, as well as their sisters and brothers, plus the rest of the family back in Italy. Can anyone tell me where I would send a letter?

Thank you very much,

-Leonard
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Capozziello from Faeto, Foggia Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Leonard,

You can request civil records from the Comune of Faeto directly :-)

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Cappella, 1
71020 Faeto (FG)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

BTW - on the ship manifest for Maria Giuseppa Cerrato and her daughters, Maria and Concetta... she indicates that she is leaving her mother, ANGELA CATALINI/CATALANO in Faeto :-)

T.
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

Thank you, Tessa78! I actually found that on a different thread you had posted on just after I posted this. It's very much appreciated.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You're welcome!!

Have you tried looking at the LDS Family History Center microfilms?
The LDS has films for Faeto civil registrations from 1809 - 1929
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Faeto+%28++

To find your nearest center...
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/

T.
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

I did try, but found nothing. I will be sending the letter tomorrow. I'm very excited because I had previously posted regarding the other side of my family in Basilicata, Pomarico and you told me to write Matera. I did and have gone generations back. It's incredible. Not only that, my family is back together and we are in touch with our family there. Thank you so very much. I have two more places, but I will need to look at other posts first. If I don't find it, I'll post again. Grazie!
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

Oh, by the way, not sure why it said Maria and Concetta left their mother behind. She and their father moved here from Faeto, but maybe it was later. I have to check the dates.
Thank you again!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

DeCiccofam wrote:Oh, by the way, not sure why it said Maria and Concetta left their mother behind. She and their father moved here from Faeto, but maybe it was later. I have to check the dates.
Thank you again!
It was not Maria and Concetta that left their mother behind... it was their GRANDMOTHER (Maria Giuseppa Cerrato's mother) who was left in Faeto. Her name was Angela Catalini/Catalano...

T.
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

OH! Very interesting! Thank you so much. I'm going to add that to the tree!

-Leonard
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

I just saw that I had her on my tree as Angela Cadalino. I must have gotten that from the manifest. But I'm hoping to have even more information when I hear back from Faeto. It's all very exciting!
meg_shop

Post by meg_shop »

Hi, I, too am looking for Capoziella/Pastore/D'Ambrosio families from Foggia. Don't seem to have your particular names, but...lines cross the further back you go. I am willing to share all info if you feel that we can help each other. Will look for a reply, thanks!
HGian

Post by HGian »

Hi fellow Faeti,
I have ordered the microfilm from LDS and found all the information I needed.
My Aunt married Giovanni Capozzielli(the correct spelling) and they lived in CT.
First you need the microfilm numbers and a family history center near you where they will send them.
You read them on microfiche, in Italian. You can copy or put them on a usb drive.
If you need help I am willing to do what I can to help you. I will send you a pm with my contact info.
DeCiccofam

Post by DeCiccofam »

Hi Meg and HGian,

The correct spelling of our name is Capozziello. There is a CT branch and also a Chicago branch. We're all just starting to work together on ancestry.com. Hopefully we'll figure it out. We're all from Faeto, Foggia, Italy.
I wrote to Foggia in January (hand-written letter in Italian), but sadly, never heard back from them. I was hoping to get some family information. I may try again...
I would definitely be willing to work together.