Grandfather's WW1 Military Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BronxApostle

Grandfather's WW1 Military Records

Post by BronxApostle »

Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance on the best way to obtain my Grandfather's WW1 Italian military records. My grandfathers name is Antonio Marinaro and he was from the town of Bonefro, Campobasso, Abruzzi. He served with the famed Bersaglieri. He was shot but survived his wounds and eventually passed away as a result of mustard gas poisoning in 1936 or 1937. He was married to Maria Teresa and had 3 children, Giuseppe, Carmela and Santa.

Any help that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated!

Grazie!

BA
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Grandfather's WW1 Military Records

Post by adelfio »

If your sure he was born in the comune of Bonefro and the province of Campobasso. You can get the Conscription records also called registri di leva or Liste di estrazione di Leva. There are two copies of them; one is held in the military archive of each military district and there it remains, the other is initially held by the Procura della Repubblica,(Country Court at province level) and after 75 years, it is sent to the State Archive of the main province.
Remember all documents held by the State Archive are available for public consultation.(cpoyright myif.com)
Archivivo di stato Campobasso website with email address
http://www.archivi.beniculturali.it/UCB ... CAMPOBASSO
You can email this note

Egregio Direttore
Mi chiamo YOURNAME. Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. . I miei antenati provennero da Bonefro. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: Antonio Marinaro
Data di nascita: (DATE OF BIRTH)
Luogo di nascita: Bonefro, Campobasso
Potreste cercare l’registro di leva di questa persona nei vostri registri dal (FROMYEAR) fino al (TOYEAR) ?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri e di farmi sapere il costo delle copie.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.

Distinti saluti,
(NAME ADDRESS EMAIL ADDRESS)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
BronxApostle

Re: Grandfather's WW1 Military Records

Post by BronxApostle »

Marty,

I can't thank you enough for your quick response and great information. The email letter is invaluable. I will be sure to get the email off ASAP and will keep you posted on my progress. many thanks again!

Al my best,

Anthony