Famiglia De Fanti - Veneto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Asphix

Famiglia De Fanti - Veneto

Post by Asphix »

Hi, I´m search for De Fanti (Defanti, Defante) Family. I know that family is concetred in Veneto region.

My grandfather, Luigi DeFanti (Luiz Defanti in Brazil) was born in Verona, Italy, near 1880. He was married with Thereza Spadine (Padini). They arrived in Brazil near 1900. They have four children: Antonio Defanti, Angelo Defanti, Elisa Defanti and Marieta Defanti.

If you have other informations, please send e-mail to skandbr@yahoo.com.br

Thanx!

Andre
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Famiglia De Fanti - Veneto

Post by raymo »

Ola Andre,

Pode escrever tambem em portugues aqui, mas por agora te vou responder em ingles, para facilitar as respostas de outra gente que usa o site e verao o seu messagem...

From your message, I am not sure what information you are looking for. But here is a sampling of some sites that may help you, which were very useful to me in my searches.

Go to www.paginebianche.it, and put in the desired surname & the city you would like to search (Verona?). You will get the listing of all in that town with that surname, along with their phone number & address.

You may also want to go to Google.com & type in your surname, and see what comes up.

www.comuni.it can give you the contact information for the City Hall (administracao do municipio) for a particular town or city in Italy. In the middle of the page on the right hand side, you will see "citta". Type in Verona, or whatever town you need. You can then contact them to get information on your ancestors from there.

Boa Sorte!
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello Andre,
you can also ask a copy of birth record or marriage record to:

Comune di Verona
CENTRO DI RESPONSABILITA' SERVIZI DEMOGRAFICI
Via Adigetto, 10
37100 Verona- Italy

e-mail: direzione.anagrafe@comune.verona.it

Or contact Verona State Archive

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 2VERONA%22

If you need to translate your request, you can use this link

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

I hope it helps, bye ricbru
Asphix

Post by Asphix »

Vou tentar pelos caminhos indicados! - I´ll try it.

Meu grande problema é que não tenho a data de nascimento - I don´t have the exact birth date.

Thanx!

Obrigado!

Grazie!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to the nearest FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY of the Mormon church you can access microfil for all biirths, marriages and deaths in VERONA CITY (not the province just the city of verona) from 1630 to 1871. You can check for 1855 to 1871 for birthdate for LUIGI DE FANTI. Peter NYC
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I have tried to locate an immigrant record for De fanti immigrating to brazil and there are none for Luigi De Fanti or his wife teresa Padini o Spadini or Spadine. They have no apparent record. Do you happen to know where they immigrated toin brazil? In any event, I do not think you need an exact birthdate for a record of birth from the city of Verona. If you find that you DO NEED A BIRTHDATE OR BIRTH YEAR then you can write to the Distretto Militare in Verona since Army records start in 1862 and there may be a record for Luigi which has all the informatrion you wish. Peter NYC
Asphix

Post by Asphix »

After 2 search years I found Defanti family.

Angelo Defanti was born in Cerea (Verona Province). He was born in 1879.

Thanks to everybody!