Asking for Military info from Potenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nrepole
Veteran
Veteran

Asking for Military info from Potenza

Post by nrepole »

Hi all
Just recently I emailed the Archivio di Stato di Potenza a request for military history of my relatives. Normally the email request has been fine and after payment they would send me Lista di Leva/Ruolo Matricolari documents. But my latest request received this reply:

Egregio Signor Repole, Le comunichiamo che per dare corso alla Sua richiesta è necessario l’invio di un valido documento di riconoscimento.
Grazie e distinti saluti.
Anna Maria Coviello
Ufficio di Segreteria della Direzione
Archivio di Stato di Potenza

Is this right? Do I need to send them my ID? What kind of ID? I am not a close relative of the people I am researching (I am a great great grandson to a sister of theirs) so I am confused as to what to do next. Have rules changed for obtaining historical documents from the state archives in Italy?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Nick
Surnames: Repole, Pinto, Patrissi, Schettino, Garofano, Gambuti, Parente. Towns: Rapone, Guardia Sanframondi, San Lorenzo Maggiore
robale

Re: Asking for Military info from Potenza

Post by robale »

attach a copy of your passport to your request. on the letter let them know that you are looking for your relatives for genealogy purpose.
Ciao
Roberta
nrepole
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Asking for Military info from Potenza

Post by nrepole »

Thanks Roberta
I will try that. Hope it works.
Nick
Surnames: Repole, Pinto, Patrissi, Schettino, Garofano, Gambuti, Parente. Towns: Rapone, Guardia Sanframondi, San Lorenzo Maggiore