Antonetta Mangini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
edkats

Re: Antonetta Mangini

Post by edkats » 24 Jun 2012, 18:08

I have just noticed your search regarding Antonetta Mangini. She is my deceased aunt. These people you are referring to are all my deceased aunts and uncles. John was my father. Maria Scarpella was my grandmother. Members of my family and I have been trying to trace the family too. Perhaps we can help one another and share info.

edkats

Post by edkats » 24 Jun 2012, 18:18

We have a copy of the same photo you are referring to. We knew it was a photo of Maria Scarpella but didn't know the person in the other side of the photo. This must be Aunt Anna that you are referring to. None of us recognized her! I will have to let my cousin know that is who is in the other half of the framed photo. See, that's what I mean. We can help one another!

Inky777

Post by Inky777 » 26 Jun 2012, 03:55

Hi Kat, it's me, Jim...sorry for the mixup...forgot to clue you in...but we can still help one another...

edkats

Post by edkats » 17 Jul 2015, 22:01

suanj, I want to also thank you for all your work and efforts. I just want to make one correction to your findings. The person you found as Francisco Mangini is NOT the same one that was married to Maria Scarpella. I sent to NYC for a copy of death certificate 25868 and this belongs to another Francesco Mangini. He was a resident at 185 Mott St. and only lived in NYC for 2 years and only in U.S. for 2 years when he was hit by a truck which was the cause of his death. He was 42 years of age.

Sounded so much like it could be the same person so I searched him further. This Francisco's full name was Francisco Paola Mangini, born Jan. 23, 1820, his father is listed as Vito, on the death certificate. I found info on familysearch.com that he was baptized on Jan.24, 1820, in Foggia, Italy, and his parents were Vito Mangini and Maria Lucia Sparavillo. There was also a 2nd baptismal record for his sister, Maria Rosa Mangini, who was born Sept. 28, 1817, and baptised Sept. 29, 1817, in Foggia, Italy. I am sending you this so that perhaps someone else may be looking for this Francisco Mangini and may find it helpful.

I am the niece of Anna Russomano and the granddaughter of Francesco Mangini and Maria Scarpello. I do thank you for all your help.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj » 18 Jul 2015, 07:00

you mean that this my info is abt wrong Francesco?
but in 1906 Francesco Mangini died:
-Francesco Mangini death record:

Mangini Francisco 42 y Aug 17 1906 #25868 (1906) Manhattan 1863 - 1864
abt this my find, well he was born in 1863/1864...
obviously, the record coming from a index, and it is just a record by a index, after that, it is necessary check the record by the death certificate ...
abtI the Francesco born in 1820.... frankly ..... I have some difficulty even remember this post after three years...
good luck for your search..
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

edkats

Post by edkats » 18 Jul 2015, 13:18

Yes, suanj, that is exactly what I mean. Apparently, no one else bothered to actually order the death certificate until I did. Your info was taken to be the true fact without looking for verification and there were 2 people with the same name who died about the same time period. It was nothing you did wrong; it was because no one took the time to verify the information. We still do not know when Francesco Mangini died and it is possible that he died of natural causes at home and it was never reported.

I am only letting you know so that anyone who comes across this will find the true facts and avoid making the same mistake. I have kept the copy of the death certificate and would gladly send a copy to anyone who needed it to verify what I am saying. We do thank you for all the effort you made to help find information on the family. I do hope that everyone also learns how important it is to always verify and not assume. Again, all my thanks to everyone here.