No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jfalduti

No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Post by jfalduti »

Hello,

I have been trying unsuccessfully for months to get a response from someone at the comune of Joppolo regarding my GGF's BC and some positivo/negativo letters. I have followed up every two weeks or so and received no response. To recap: my GGF's BC that I got from italiandualcitizenship.com has his father named incorrectly - because on the Atti di Nascita it is listed incorrectly. However, it is listed correctly in the margin and the index. I have requested they reissue the BC with the correct name. I also asked for positivo/negativo letters for an incorrect birth date and a spelling change.

Is there anyone I can go to above the comune level for this? I would be willing to pay italiandualcitizenship.com 95 Euro again if they can get the letters AND the BC, but Nicola sort of laughed at me and told me the comune wasn't going to change that for me. I am desperate now as my appointment is for October. Can anyone offer suggestions at the Provincial level maybe?

I have scans of the Atti di Nascita from the FHL if it helps to see them.

Thank you for any help!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: No response from Sindaco or Ufficio Protocollo

Post by Italysearcher »

Send me your stuff and I'll call them for you and find out what the problem is.
italysearch @ gmail.com (no spaces)
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jfalduti

Post by jfalduti »

Thank you so much! I will email you now!
jfalduti

Post by jfalduti »

Just sent you an email with an attachment. Just wanted to let you know to make sure you got it!

Thank you again so much!