Cannici

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tiacognetta

Cannici

Post by tiacognetta »

Trying to find more information about my ancestors. I have Isnello as location . Vincenzo Cannici Was my 2nd great grandfather . He was born around 1871 . He arrived to NY on April 23 1898 . He was a Baker. In 1920 he was living in Schenectady NY.i have his father as GIUSEPPE CANNICI and mother as SIGISMONDA GUGLIUZZA from ITALY. Any help would be appreciated
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Cannici

Post by Tessa78 »

tiacognetta wrote:Trying to find more information about my ancestors. I have Isnello as location . Vincenzo Cannici Was my 2nd great grandfather . He was born around 1871 . He arrived to NY on April 23 1898 . He was a Baker. In 1920 he was living in Schenectady NY.i have his father as GIUSEPPE CANNICI and mother as SIGISMONDA GUGLIUZZA from ITALY. Any help would be appreciated
Hello and welcome to IG! :-D

I checked the manifest you referenced above and saw that Vincenzo's age puts his birth at about 1867...

I checked the birth records for ISNELLO from 1867 through 1872 and did not find a Vincenzo Cannici, but did find other Cannici births...
So I looked at the index for 1866 and found this birth record for VINCENZO CANNICI :-D
HOWEVER, the parents are not those you listed above...
But I will post it for you...

Record is #39 dated 6 March 1866 in ISNELLO
Father is listed as Antonino Cannici, age 31, a shoemaker, son of deceased Rosario
Mother is listed as Nicolina di Maria, his wife, daughter of Vincenzo
Child was given the name Vincenzo

Top left in image

What document identifies the parents' names that you have?
Do you know the names of any of Vincenzo's siblings? That would help. I found several other Cannici birth records about the same time in Isnello. If one or more of them are siblings of Vincenzo it would help to confirm (or rule out) the names of his parents :-)

T.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Hey T!

I believe you have the right birth record. Here's the 1915 NY census for the family.

Name: Vincenzo Cannici
Birth Year: abt 1871
Birth Place: Italy
Residence Place: Schenectady Ward 03, Schenectady
Relationship: Head
Color or Race: White
Number of Years in US: 18
Assembly District: 01
Household Members: Name Age
Vincenzo Cannici 44
Margherite Cannici 40
Tony Cannici 18
Stanzello Cannici 13
Nicolina Cannici 8
Anna Cannici 7
Marietta Cannici 5
Rosaria Cannici 0
Giuseppe Farfalla 36

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hey, Biff! :-D

I think you're right! Thanks!
TEAMWORK!

T.
tiacognetta

Post by tiacognetta »

Hey thanks . That is the right line . My Great-Grandmother was Anna Cannici . Those were her siblings. The name I had also was Micholina so I'm assuming its Nicholina since that would fit in with the family . :-)