Ruotolo Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CP101

Ruotolo Family

Post by CP101 »

I do not live in Italy, I am living in an English speaking country. I am interested in my fathers family background. All I know of him is his name, and he came from Rome or someplace. From what I can gather, the surname is quite uncommon? It has taken a lot of nerve from my part to post this thread. Any information is appreciated, especially so since I am starting from less than step one.

Kind Regards.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Ruotolo Family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to the website
If you can leave some birth dates and first names and where they settled in the US there is a lot of good people on here to help you research your family
Ruotolo is a common name in the areas of Campania region of Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The surname Ruotolo is spread all over Italy with a higher concentration in the Naples region, see http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... Hw2usUzRvZ and the White Pages http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=en&qs=Ruotolo&dv=
CP101

Post by CP101 »

Gary Ruotolo. First name could be Anglicised from Giuseppe. Departed Rome and came to Australia during the 60's; 70's, or 80's? I have no idea whether documents can be accessed due to privacy laws still being in place? He has a brother who came with him. Also, insanity ran in the family.

I feel uncomfortable posting this particular post so I may edit it in the future.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What year was Gary born in? Was he married? and his brother's name was?
Just try to get a base to start the research

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
CP101

Post by CP101 »

adelfio wrote:What year was Gary born in? Was he married? and his brother's name was?
Just try to get a base to start the research

Marty
I have no idea about his birthdate. However, my mother is about 50 so I surmise he would be around the same age. Not married to my knowledge, and no idea about the brothers name unfortunately. I could try to get the information, but I am not sure if anyone in my family knows. He is not on my birth certificate; however, he does know that I exist. All I have got is a rental agreement with my mothers and his name on it dated 1989.

I am not ready to find him or meet him yet. I still live at home, and I want to be independent when I do confront him. I am just curious about half of my heritage. I know he left a letter, it was burnt.