Family of DeVivo ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
iofamilglia

Family of DeVivo ?

Post by iofamilglia »

Hi, I am searching for further information on my grandfathers family. His father Guiseppe Devivo (1897-1969 born in Italy buried at Nudgee,Brisbane AUSTRALIA. Married to Michelina DeVivo (nee Martoni)they had 3 children (my grandfather, his sister and unknown died at approx 4 years of age in egypt). They moved from Italy to Egypt during the war where my grandfather was born then back to Italy. Apparently Guiseppe's father was named Luigi. My grandfather moved to Australia after the war and then sent for his wife and children where they remained.

Guiseppe had a sister named Carolina who married a man by the surname of Paris from Malta or he went to Malta, I don't really know the full story here on what happened but she also moved to Australia and died there. They were possibly divorced.

There was also another brother which rumor has it was a half brother, I have no other information on this person. there is gossip of part of the DeVivo family going to America at some stage but I don't know when this happened.

Hoping someone can enlighten me as I'm at my wits end ;)

Thanks in advance !!
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Family of DeVivo ?

Post by Italysearcher »

De Vivo and Devivo are found all over Italy. You need to figure out which town they were from. Without that information you are lost.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You might find some info here:
http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/using/ ... index.aspx

I saw there is something about Giuseppe and Michelina De Vivo; no documents are shown, but you might request the.
It is also liste one Mario De Vivo with some relation to them, who went to Australia in 1949, and also some (very small) picture of him.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Yes...I am your Uncle Eddie...I am just trying to work out who you are of my nephews or nieces.
I have the answers you are looking for.
Eddie