Cossetti/Intrieri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jamie091

Cossetti/Intrieri

Post by jamie091 »

:? So sad that all the posts and hard work you guys did is now gone!
I guess we shall start all over?

James Vincent Cossetti, born 1897 in New York----son of Antonio Cossetti/Caserta and Lucia Intrieri/Cossetti/Caserta...who then moved to East Hartwell Avenue in Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill).
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Cossetti/Intrieri

Post by Tessa78 »

jamie091 wrote::? So sad that all the posts and hard work you guys did is now gone!
I guess we shall start all over?

James Vincent Cossetti, born 1897 in New York----son of Antonio Cossetti/Caserta and Lucia Intrieri/Cossetti/Caserta...who then moved to East Hartwell Avenue in Philadelphia (Chestnut Hill).
Hi jamie091 :D

What records do you have? What information are you seeking?

T.
jamie091

Post by jamie091 »

I know I was getting a lot of information on the Intrieri side, and I'm sad it's gone from this forum!
Anyway, here is what I have:
James Cossetti was born August 1897 in New York. His death certificate states Antonio Cossetti and Lucia Intrieri as his parents (as does his draft card). He has many brothers and sisters, all whom were born in Philadelphia. I do not have record of his birth. As an ancestry.com member I have all census information from 1910 on. Just trying to put all pieces together as to pre-1910...ie where his parents were from in Italy, where they settled in NY.
Find a grave shows me where they are buried in Philadelphia, but the picture of the headstone shows an AKA inscribed at the bottom which is "CASERTA."
The headstone also states Antonio Cossetti as born in 1859 and died in 1941, however most census information I see has a 10 year date difference on his birth.

Anyway----I know some people on here were helping putting things together for me and I really appreciated it! Cheers to hoping the website doesn't have a stroke again!
jamie091

Post by jamie091 »

Coming back to this again!

I am trying hard to find a birth record for the above LUCIA INTRIERI.....I have her birthdate as 14 APRIL 1874. I think born in San Pietro in Guarano, to parents Gaetano Intrieri and Anna Murano.

I was on the following website http://www.poster.beniculturali.it/ascs_web/index.faces and found the parents Gaetano and Anna, but no birth record for her?

I see children Antonio, Pasquale, Teresa, Maria Teresa, Filomena, Agostino, Luigi, but no Lucia and no Rose.

Any help for me here? Thanks in advance!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

There is a Pedigree Resource tree on Family Search for Antonio Cossetti that has his place of birth as Pedivigliano. DOB 21 January 1869
Marriage to Lucia Intrieri in Catskill, NY in 1895 on 5 July
Death in Pennsylvania in 1941.
Father listed as Vincenzo Cossetti, and mother as Rosa Ferraro-Esposito
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:2:34HB-8XB

REcords from Pedivigliano are viewable online, but only while viewing at a Family History Center or affiliated library.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... %20Library

T.
jamie091

Post by jamie091 »

Thanks Tessa! I'm pretty aware of the United States information, it's the birth records from Italy that I am more interested in.
I have all the marriage information, and census , and death records from Philadelphia and New York.

Thanks so much for looking into this anyway! I appreciate it!
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta/ ... heda.faces

Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Liste di Leva della classe 1869.Registro numero 96,
atto numero - di pagina 207 sezione -
Antonio Caserta, iscritto il --/--/----
nato il 09/06/1869 a PEDIVIGLIANO
da Vincenzo Caserta e da Rosa Ferraro

Codice SIAS IT-ASCS-F680794
Stato Civile, Comune di PEDIVIGLIANO. Registro numero 28, atto numero 50 di pagina -
Vincenzo Caserta nato/a il 30/06/1836
da Antonio Caserta, sartore, 33 anni e da Serafina Cardamone, filatrice, 21 anni
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱