Birth Record Translation: Raffaela Cella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Birth Record Translation: Raffaela Cella

Post by tikibar22 »

Could someone help with the translation of the following; Number 41 Raffaela Cella; Looking specifically the mother and father and other facts listed
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 2050764809

Thanks in advance for your help!! :D -Krissi
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record Translation: Raffaela Cella

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#41
1906 May 31st in the town of Bagnoli Irpino at house at vico Ronca birth of Raffaela Cella delievered by Mariantonia Meloro age 69 midwife daughter of Raffaele Cella and Anna Clemente

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The record also states that the husband of Clemente was unable to make the declaration of the birth, and the presentation of the infant, because something prevented him from doing so. That's why the midwife did it in his place, but the reason why he couldn't do it himself is not given in the record.
Erudita
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tikibar22 »

thank you both. very interesting!
so can you tell me which word in Italian indicates the mother and the father; i am assuming the word would be before the name in a sentence?
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

tikibar22 wrote:thank you both. very interesting!
so can you tell me which word in Italian indicates the mother and the father; i am assuming the word would be before the name in a sentence?
You're very welcome.

After where it gives the address "Vico Ronca al numero due" it says "da Clemente Anna moglie di Cella Raffaele bracciante ambi domiciliati in Bagnoli e` nato"

"from Clemente Anna, wife of Cella Raffaele, day laborer, both living in Bagnoli is born"-this is how you know that Anna is the mother and Raffaele is the father.

Erudita
tikibar22
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tikibar22 »

Wonderful! That is so helpful, i think knowing that information i can piece together what i need from future records i may need.

Thanks a bunch - Krissi
Infante, Cella or Celli,
Bagnoli Irpino, Avellino
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

tikibar22 wrote:Wonderful! That is so helpful, i think knowing that information i can piece together what i need from future records i may need.

Thanks a bunch - Krissi
Krissi
You've very welcome. If you need anything else, let us know.
Erudita